Thread: so sick of this feeling of i cant breath properly

so sick of this feeling of i cant breath properly

Hi all, so this has been a big issue of mine on and of for the last 6 years. But now its driving me mad, i have asthma or so i am told i do but that started the same time as my break down 10 yrs ago and i am on meds for that and i am told my asthma is ok. But what seems like all day everyday it feels like i can never get a full breath, i have been docs so many times, blood pressure, oxygen levels etc are all normal i have also had an ECG about a month ago and that was fine also
    I can also do an hours gym session without the feeling getting worse but still i think theres something wrong.
    How have you dealt with this issue??
    Many Thanks

Re: so sick of this feeling of i cant breath properly

Hi Eddy, been there many times and is quite common. I just try and focus on other things as well distract myself. There are several websites on breathing fixation. Remember how long you've been going through it for and your still here, you will be fine. I as mention try and focus on other things and distract yourself, as I write this I too am focusing on my breathing but I just tell myself it is what it is, I'll be fine and sleep fine.

The mind is very very powerful! Good luck my friend, you will overcome it!

Sent via My BlackBerry Passport using the Tapatalk Google App

I have been like this too recently, try not to breathe through your mouth, if you do then only do it every like 30 minutes or so, after that try and only breathe threw your mouth once an hour and you should start to improve.
    Apparently because we have anxiety when we breathe wrong we cause carbon dioxide and oxygen to go off balance which causes us to feel like we can't breathe. if you just forget about it and breathe through your nose then the balance will go back to normal.
    Remeber your body will always remember to breathe, even when we sleep. we don't need to try.

I've experienced this from time to time as well, like feeling like I can't get a full breath or that I'm not breathing "normally", someone else mentioned breathing fixation above and thats 100% what it is for myself at least, I start to notice or feel that something is not "right" and then I fixate on it, however when I get myself distracted or go to sleep I notice that it always goes away, if all of your tests have come back normal its likely that your anxiety is causing this or at least exacerbating the symptoms of your asthma. Try to find things that are distracting for you when you start experiencing these feelings.

I had this as well! It was a very scary feeling. I felt like I couldn’t get a deep breath in and sometimes I struggled to breathe. I was convinced there was something wrong. In the end it just went away itself. But while I had it I remember having a high pulse rate and all. It was horrid. It was all anxiety. I wish I could tell you to take it easy but I know that’s easier said than done. But seriously, if you can gym without your breathing being all weird then you’re good!

Thread Information