Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood mixed poo when wiped

Re: Anal cancer?

The OP is on the waiting list for CBT..It's her standard response.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Well, I guess so, but in all honesty this anal cancer one pushes it further than many - an absolute reason for the symptoms already given, a known about condition (which I'm betting has been discussed with doctors, nurses and health visitor) which appears to be improving and its suddenly become anal cancer. Helenhoo at the moment, or rather in the last few weeks, has started thread after thread with different illnesses and they are becoming more and more irrational and incredibly diverse. I know 'irrational' is part of the thought processing of those with HA, but I think it can be challenged also. As Helenhoo's life moves on and her lovely baby grows to become a toddler and a more aware independent thinker, they will surely start becoming aware of the HA Helenhoo isn't getting help for. This should be a concern for a new mother, that nothing negatively affects their child, and - whilst the child will be unaware at the moment - getting proper real-life professional help should be paramount right now.
    Yep, the cycles are repeating themselves. Something is driving it again.

I agree though, it's important to get help as kids are more intuitive than adults realise and so many on here have said they regret how they may have opened the door to anxiety in their kids. I think they may be being too harsh on themselves there as it's very complicated stuff but can see why they feel that way and there is going to be an element of truth in it in varying degrees...so definitely better to start now than wait and join those people in 16 years.

I think they may be being too harsh on themselves there as it's very complicated stuff but can see why they feel that way

Absolutely! I hear what you are saying, and agree. To my mind as long as people are trying/have tried to get help with their HA anxiety and genuinely thrown themselves into that process wanting to be rid of the fears, then the fact that it sometimes fails, or there are blips, shouldn't be something they feel guilt about.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Absolutely! I hear what you are saying, and agree. To my mind as long as people are trying/have tried to get help with their HA anxiety and genuinely thrown themselves into that process wanting to be rid of the fears, then the fact that it sometimes fails, or there are blips, shouldn't be something they feel guilt about.
    Yeah, I guess it's natural for parents as it goes against what their values towards their kids are about, protecting them from anything they can. I just think we have to be careful with it as we can be the worst for kicking ourselves over our perceptions, but I say that with the greatest respect for those who think this way and don't mean to imply shrugging off those feelings or devaluing their importance to the person.

I just think we have to be careful with it as we can be the worst for kicking ourselves over our perceptions
    A very valid point indeed. However, to be clear to anyone else reading this, I was basing my post on evidence of HelenH's posts/threads, her circumstances, and not anyone else, but I agree my words did sound rather too generalised. I was just trying to make the point that Helen should consider the years ahead.

TMI and sorry in advance but I just strained on purpose without needing to poop and there was blood on tissue and the little grape lump popped out.

Yup that is a pile then and they bleed.

Pop and see the doctor and get some suppositories and/or cream for it. They can give you stronger ones than you can buy at a chemist.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

That's the definition of a hemorrhoid. STOP STRAINING! Hemorrhoids are not dangerous but they are a huge (literal) pain in the ass. You don't want to aggravate them for no reason. Push that puppy back up there and leave your poor postpartum bum alone!

That's why piles are so common in weightlifters Straining.

Don't you push through the bottom when you give birth? And couldn't that be one very good reason for piles post pregnancy?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Don't you push through the bottom when you give birth? And couldn't that be one very good reason for piles post pregnancy?
    Yes, straining during child birth plus all the pressure from being pregnant. Mine showed up even before giving birth. They hurt so much I missed three days of work and had to send my husband out unassisted to check out pediatricians.... which is another whole story!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information