Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One thing after another!

Re: One thing after another!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    So you're not getting any real life help at this time?

Positive thoughts
    No I’m not 100% what else to try, I did think of starting hypnosis but it’s just expensive at about £80 an hour - I self help where I can, exercise a lot and read to try and relax etc
    I could start the CBT again and try but there is a waiting list and last time the woman actually just kept giving me reassurance which is kind of not the point much as it helps a bit at the time I guess! X

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    No I’m not 100% what else to try, I did think of starting hypnosis but it’s just expensive at about £80 an hour - I self help where I can, exercise a lot and read to try and relax etc
    I could start the CBT again and try but there is a waiting list and last time the woman actually just kept giving me reassurance which is kind of not the point much as it helps a bit at the time I guess! X
    You can certainly go for CBT again or try one on one therapy and while I understand your trepidation concerning meds, they've been a live saver for many so they shouldn't be discounted. There are no magic words and reassurance isn't a fix. There is the FREE CBT here but you have to be in the right place mentally to put in the work.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Ahh hun I’m right with you!! I was doing ok last 2 weeks but had constipation last few days, followed by diarrhea today, it’s really stressing me out. Going to try and see gp tomorrow and see if I can get a referral

I had:
    *Diahrrea lasting weeks
    * proper blood with stool a few occasions.
    * loud stomach
    * loose stools

Had a blood test which was normal...stool test which was normal...And eventually had a CT colonoscopy (colonography) which was normal and no polyp or lesions seen.

I still have some of these symptoms from time to time but I guess that's what IBS is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information