Thread: PPI Help

PPI Help

Hello all,

I have just been to the Gastro and am getting a scope down the gullet in the next month, and she wants me to go back on a PPI as she said that my fears about their long term use have been debunked in a recent study. I came off of Tecta becuase I had joint pains and muscle fatigue while exercising and it subsided after discontinuation so I know Tecta doesn't work for me but she thinks it was a placebo effect and she has given me a script for it again.

I am wondering if some of you who are on these types of drugs can give me some advice as to what would work better for me because Nexium, Tecta, and Dexilant have given me issues. I have not tried Omeprazole yet, and wonder if that might be better for me because I see a lot of people on here taking it.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Re: PPI Help

Hi tincup

I'm not familiar with the other drugs you mentioned but I've been on omeprazole continuously for years. I'd had courses of it in the past but have now been on 40mg daily for about 5 years. I didn't know there were any worries about it long term but I have found it really effective and have never noticed any side effects. I know we're all different, but as long as your doctor is happy it's safe for you, it could be worth a try. Good luck

Thread Information