Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cars Cars Cars

Re: Cars Cars Cars

[QUOTE=Phill2;1882151]
    Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Phill2
    Whoa! 6&7 bucks a gallon! Ever think of getting a compact car?

We have 2 German Shepherds so a compct just wouldn't work.
    They're both 4 litre petrol Navaras.
    Mine is a 6 speed manual which isn't too bad on fuel but the wifes automatic uses about 50% more fuel.
    I also have an old 1986 single cab diesel Navara that we use on the beach.
    Does 110 kph down hill with a tail wind.
    My first car was a 1960 Mini.
    It was a POS.
    English cars just aren't made for Aussie conditions.
    That's true. Ours are made with cup holders in the dash but they're just not good enough for holding a can of ale
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 30-06-19 at 01:09. Reason: Typo

Ours have cup holders in the centre and pockets in the doors that will hold a long neck

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    Ours have cup holders in the centre and pockets in the doors that will hold a long neck
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    I thought it's why your utes all have a slidey window behind the driver's seat so you can put a beer barrel in the back and run a tube through the open window to suck on to keep you topped up?

You worked it out

Haha! That reminds me of a time when I was a kid. Me and my pals were driving around with a running keg in the back seat. Suddenly the cops were behind us with the blue lights flashing so we put a jacket and a hat on the keg. The cop just shook his head and let us go. The good old days.

Hey Phill I had an 07 Nissan Frontier. I think that's the US version of the Navaras. Nice truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Haha! That reminds me of a time when I was a kid. Me and my pals were driving around with a running keg in the back seat. Suddenly the cops were behind us with the blue lights flashing so we put a jacket and a hat on the keg. The cop just shook his head and let us go. The good old days.

Hey Phill I had an 07 Nissan Frontier. I think that's the US version of the Navaras. Nice truck.
    For this story I'm imagining you guys in something like this...

Also, I'm now reminded of the Porky's films

Oh no, I wanted to hear good things about Minis :(

I've been a truck guy most of my life. I've owned two Dodge Dakotas and a Ram 1500. My last truck was an '04 Dakota extended cab. Great truck! had it for 12 years. At 157K I started having transmission issues and found out it needed to be replaced. The cost was more than the truck was worth so I started shopping. I figured it was time to mellow out a bit and started looking at SUVs. I found a 2011 Nissan Rogue SL with only 37.5K on it at a great price. The Carfax was clean. It was a one owner that drove it less than 5K a year. We've had it since September of last year and its truly a pleasure to drive. Loaded to the gills too... leather, heated seats, Bose audio system, moon roof etc. I've put about 10K on it and no issues. The gas mileage is great too averaging 28mpg overall. I've gotten as high as 32+ on the highway.

My wife doesn't drive so its our only vehicle.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I love mine with the 6 speed manual.
    I feel like a kid again.

Carnation! Don't worry friend plenty of time to talk about Mini's. As a matter of fact I can't see one now without thinking about you! :-)

College teacher friend of mine has one and he loves it very fast and responsive.

The specs: 2019 Mini Cooper. Engine: 1.5-litre four-cylinder (Cooper) / 2.0-litre four-cylinder (Cooper S) Power: 136hp @ 4,500rpm (Cooper) / 192hp @ 5,000rpm (Cooper S) Torque: 220Nm @ 1,480rpm (Cooper) / 280Nm @ 1,350rpm (Cooper S) Transmission: Seven-speed automatic.

Priced from $21,000 to $40,000.

Some of them will do over 150 MPH right out of the box.

This car screams Carnation!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information