Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cars Cars Cars

Re: Cars Cars Cars

Isn't there a special edition Cooper suped up even further? It's a good job it has a wide wheelbase with the engine being up front. Peugeot used to make a 205 GTI and it used to be a handful because the engine pulled the front all over the place. But if you want a car that's a right monster to drive have a look at TVR's, notoriously for the well experienced speedy driver as they are an old fashioned (none of the fancy tech) type of sports car so if you want to know what it was like to be a Jackie Stewart...
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 04-07-19 at 07:25.

We have 2 cars in the family.
    We have a 2017 Fiat Tipo Estate which is hugely useful for the dog and picking the Son up from the airport. Its the first car that Ive had with an internal satnav already in the car and reversing camera, both really useful. One niggle is that there is no CD player, im not very good with pairing up the mobile and streaming music so thats annoying. At least there is DAB radio so I can get BBC6music. Its 39 mpg , 93-118 hp , the car is definitely uncool and not a classy car to drive
    We also have my 2010 Fiat Punto, it has 80000 on the clock and has served me very well on the daily commute. It has a CD player, yay! so Radio Tony can play every journey from his hit list. It has a bodywork compression on the tailgate where I reversed into a Skip !!!! Its costing me money this year as Ive had to have the sump replaced and a few other niggles, its in next Weds to have the gears looked at as they are clunky. I think the Punto has a very nice body shape and I have had a Punto before as I really like it to drive.

My ideal car if I could afford something special would be a Lotus.

Oh my, 150 mph. You do realise I'm in the UK Noivous and the road police have you for doing 37 mph. :(
    I know there are many versions of the mini and they take a good bit of mileage and seem to be quite pricey.
    I like the original shape, once they started to make them more like a mini carrying a baby with blob type headlights, my heart sank. :(
    I understand the original Minis were made at a loss and so well made they were known for being a mini 'Rolls Royce'?

Terry, my other half used to have a Peugeot 205. It was like sitting on the ground and would shake before moving off. I didn't like it all, very cramped and noisy and if you needed a part would cost a small fortune and a waiting time of weeks to import.

If money was no object and a safe place to keep, I'd probably have an Aston Martin or a Bentley.
    I did have a crush on Jaguar XJS for many years, don't see so many about these days.

Hey Mezz I hear you about the no CD player. Bluetooth isn't bad but it really hasn't arrived yet for music fidelity. My CD player broke in the Honda so I now load my songs on to my phone from my music library on my desktop. I plug the phone directly into the cars music system Jack to jack or USB.

Fishmanpa! How's it going? I owned a 96 Dakota. First vehicle I ever bought new. A real bare boner...crank windows, two wheel drive, manual transmission, 3.9 v6. At 150,0000 miles I donated it to charity. I see Ford is bringing back the legendary Ranger... first introduced in 1950. Probably to compete with the success of Chevy's Colorado.

I love hearing the talk about the Mini's, Fiat's, Peugeot's...

Carnation at 150mph I don't think the Bobby's would even bother!��
    Last edited by Noivous; 04-07-19 at 12:53.

George Carlin:

"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"

I didn't delete a post. Not sure how that happened.

Noivous, your post appeared as I read it!
    Now it's not there
    Who stole Noivous's post? maybe it was one of those pointless ads that keep getting in the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    George Carlin:

"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"
    Didn't he have a time travelling phone box?

"Excellent, dudes"

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Terry, my other half used to have a Peugeot 205. It was like sitting on the ground and would shake before moving off. I didn't like it all, very cramped and noisy and if you needed a part would cost a small fortune and a waiting time of weeks to import.

If money was no object and a safe place to keep, I'd probably have an Aston Martin or a Bentley.
    I did have a crush on Jaguar XJS for many years, don't see so many about these days.
    I never liked them, I thought they were a bit ugly.

My dad had a 405 many years ago. When a pump went on it the cost was more than the car.

I do like the Jags. The new SUV/4x4 is cool. One of my dad's friends always has a jag these days and when it went in once they gave him one of the sporty soft tops as a courtesy car!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information