Thread: Recurrent vaginal cyst?

Recurrent vaginal cyst?

Hey all,

So I have what I presume is a cyst that keep recurring beside my urethra/clitoris - this is maybe the third or fourth time it's appeared. Last time it swelled quite a bit and was pretty painful until it came to a head and ruptured on its own (tmi, I know!). I really don't want it to turn that painful again, and am so scared to go to the docs because of my anxiety.

Has anyone had recurring cysts before, and if so, any advice on treatment/prevention? And should I go see the doc?

Re: Recurrent vaginal cyst?

I think it's called a Bartholin's cyst; I get them every once in a while and I've never seen anybody about it.

Only piece of advice I can offer is that if you think it's about to rupture or just has, don't let the stream touch it when you pee - cover it with a finger or something, the pain is unspeakable otherwise.

I think it's a bit too high up to be a Bartholin's cyst, closer to the top of my labia than the bottom! Regardless, how do you usually treat them? Especially if painful

I usually just try to ignore them, but if they get really sore I press a hot flannel or cotton pad to them to try and get them to burst quicker.

I get these too and I recently had one in my backside which kept getting huge, going down, then coming up again. It took months to finally go. I’ve found as my anxiety has increased so have these boil type things so must be a link? Had one on my privates for months too. Just left it alone and it finally went. They are horrible, it’s a dark sweaty area so I think it can take some time to go. X

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I usually just try to ignore them, but if they get really sore I press a hot flannel or cotton pad to them to try and get them to burst quicker.
    Yes this. The pain is awful isn’t it, but I think hot flannels & a warm bath will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I guess I don't want to get myself all worked up about going to the doctors and just have them tell me what I already know/what you have said here.

I get terrible panic attacks if I know I have to go so I really try and avoid it where possible.

I think I'm just concerned because it's been recurring, in the same place? And obviously it's an intimate/slightly embarassing thing to have!

Thinking about it now I also think they keep occurring after I've had my period, been wondering if that's a connection.

Well maybe, just make sure you keep the area as clean as possible.

My doctor prescribed antibiotics, but I don’t think I took them - this was years ago though and I very rarely get them anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robin, I always tend to get mine straight after my period, always in the same place.

I get panic attacks when I visit the GP, too, so I mostly just try to take care of myself, and these have never been a problem.

Hi
    I’ve had this before too. Not sure if mine was a cyst or just a spot but I’ve had about 5 now -and not always in the same area. I think it’s because you sweat a lot down there (especially if you go to the gym or work long hours etc) and there’s not much air ! I know tmi! But that’s what I put it down to. I last had one about 2 months ago and that actually took around 6 days to go away but it was just a puss filled spot. I find Epsom salt baths help a lot and like others have said a hot flannel. I worry about a lot of things but these don’t bother me!

Thread Information