Hello everyone

I hope all are well on this fine sunny day.

I'd been on 75mg Ven for 5 years until May, when due to ongoing struggles for months with anxiety/depression/PTSD the GP upped it to 150mg. I take it twice daily immediate release, being one of the few who can't tolerate XR because I start withdrawing between doses.

I'd tried upping it before but gave up due to side effects (mainly just exhaustion). Anyway got through that but wasn't feeling better. I felt numb, distant, flat. Derealisation maybe, also some pretty difficult thoughts. I went to a psychiatrist and had an assessment. He diagnosed "an episode of depression with prominent anxiety" and after a few negotiations, he has persuaded me to up it again to 225mg, as he says that's where the noradrenaline receptors kick in. Psych was good about listening to my views on meds so we reached a compromise.

We've decided that I'll take 150mg XR in the morning, and 75mg immediate release at night. I have to take the night dose earlier, like 5pm, because my sleep has been terrible. He's also added 7.5mg mirtazapine at night, "as and when", to help with sleep. I took the first mirtazapine last night and it knocked me out for 10 hours! I still feel exhausted.

Today I'll increase the Ven and take the first 150mg XR. I was waiting until I didn't need to drive for a few days to try these.

Sorry this is so long. I'm just interested to know if anyone has had this sort of combo before?! Thank you in advance