Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ever increasing venlafaxine, plus mirtazapine

Re: Ever increasing venlafaxine, plus mirtazapine

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    Hell, me too. Didn't have a great day yesterday and it's so damned frustrating. I started trazodone the night before and of course, it didn't make me sleep, until many hours later when I couldn't keep my eyes open and my mood crashed. I'll give it a week or so but I'm so tired of med changes and snakes. Have a feeling I'll be switching back to mirtazapine. Happy blipping weekend all!
    REALLY frustrating, isn't it? Sorry your day was shitty. Sleep, or lack thereof, is such a hassle at times. I'm going through a phase of being wide awake at 4 am....No, brain, that's too early. Bliptastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca44 View Post
    Thanks will report back what GP does.

I can handle the Slow worms, its the Pythons that im not so keen on.

I had the phase of going to sleep then waking 3 or times wide awake so I just got up some nights I was washed dressed at 4am. This does go away.

Thanks folks. Slightly better today, even though I didn't get to sleep until the birds were singing. The weather has such a massive impact, it's annoying. Hope you are both sleeping soundly without a python in sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Maca44 View Post
    I had the phase of going to sleep then waking 3 or times wide awake so I just got up some nights I was washed dressed at 4am. This does go away.
    Glad to know it blips off, I also just tend to get up and make tea rather than lie in bed fretting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    Thanks folks. Slightly better today, even though I didn't get to sleep until the birds were singing. The weather has such a massive impact, it's annoying. Hope you are both sleeping soundly without a python in sight!
    Eek! Hopefully no python dreams or real ones tucked into the duvet.......

Actually that's a good point. I'm not dreaming as much, maybe due to decreasing ven or stopping mirt. I've noticed I get a really horrible skin crawling feeling about an hour after taking quetiapine, so will talk to the doc about that, as it's making sleeping more difficult. I had my NHS mental health assessment and came out feeling ten times worse than when I walked in. On that day I rated my mood as 4-5/10, and apparently that single score means I'm not ill enough for any help, nevermind the fact that the assessment was suggested by my psychiatrist and MIND's crisis service, and the assessor had seen all the crisis stuff in my records. But of course I'm too ill for the IAPT service. I can really see how people fall through the cracks and it's frightening. Sorry, just need to vent. I know mental health services are chronically underfunded.

I have no faith in the NHS mental health service anymore, such a shame people have to suffer.

You're right. It's so disappointing. What really worries me is the number of people who simply cannot access help. I'm far from wealthy but have been able to fund some private support, but so many people can't. It just beggars belief :(

I’ve got my assessment next week so I’ll probably get the same as my mood is good at the moment. It’s so frustrating after all they are the ones who tell you that drugs will only get you so far and you need to put in the effort e.g. psychological therapy to get better but then don’t give you that help????? I’m almost tempted to lie and just say I’m feeling bloody awful

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread Information