Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever increasing venlafaxine, plus mirtazapine

Re: Ever increasing venlafaxine, plus mirtazapine

How are you feeling Dying swan,
    Are you still getting the low mood at tea time.

Thanks PDA. Ok sounds like 150am/75pm IR wouldn't be a great option. I already know that I metabolise the XR very quickly, as when I was on 75XR once daily I'd withdraw between doses. Eventually I found a study on one patient who was the same and showed it to my GP. I'm not getting the withdrawal symptoms though, just this horrible low mood.

Thanks Maca. I'm ok, felt quite rough again yesterday evening but am sure the heat didn't help. The mirtazapine is still helping with sleep thankfully.

Isn't it funny how we are total opposites in moods, I pick up at 5pm until bed then mood is low from waking.

It's weird isn't it?! I'm wondering if that is the time to do something, like exercise. For you, in the morning, and evening for me. But of course it's the time you just want to collapse in a heap, and it's so damn hot too. Last year I started couch to 5k, in the ridiculous heat. I didn't even finish the first week, but then it was 30 degrees if it cools off, I might try to force myself to start it again, at 5pm. I feel like between us, there must be an answer!

About 3yrs ago before this episode of low mood/anxiety, I did the 5k podcast and ended up running 6 miles after it was finished, lost loads of weight and felt amazing. I look back and see that was the start of my problems, I injured my calf so had to stop running then mood nose dived anxiety set in, so I find myself 3 stone heavier, could just about walk 6miles and have no confidence. I need to find another form of exercise other than running, exercise made a huge difference

6 miles! Very well done. Not a chance I could do that. Agree exercise makes a difference. Last year was the most active I've been in years, and I generally felt good. I'm not sure which came first, if that makes sense. I'm sorry to hear about your calf - that must've been frustrating. Do you like swimming? I do, when I can motivate myself to go, which I haven't in months. I did think about my exercise pledge at 5pm, but meh. Tidied up my tip of a house a bit instead. Still felt yucky, but more physically yucky today. Strangely that gives me hope, as felt like the Ven increase side effects I've had before, meaning it might just get better.

Lets hope so

I've been back to the psych and told him about the mood swings. I wasn't keen on any of his suggestions but he's got a knack of getting me to agree to things I'd normally refuse. So next step is I'm increasing to 15mg mirtazapine and staying at 225mg venlafaxine. If that doesn't work it's either 300mg ven or adding in quetiapine He says 15mg mirtazapine should still help with sleep. I'm supposed to ring 111 if I get more of the awful low moods. We'll see. I'm worried about weight gain, although managing to keep it fairly stable, going up and down by a couple of pounds

Gotta keep trying things and im sure you will soon fine the sweet spot. The 15mg Mirt should still help with sleep just keep an eye on the weight that is my only gripe with Mirt, I won't knock it because it got me out of right mess 3yrs back. Keep at it we will all get there in the end.

Thanks Maca. Let's hope so. I'll try out the 15mg mirtazapine tonight and see how it goes

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information