Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever increasing venlafaxine, plus mirtazapine

Re: Ever increasing venlafaxine, plus mirtazapine

Glad it's not stressing you out now. I think that's half the battle with insomnia. I'm still sleeping quite excessively with mirtazapine. Gone are the days when 5 hours was plenty. Just reminding myself it's early days. Appetite is mainly unchanged thankfully, although I had a mishap with some cookies

Those mishaps are called snaccidents! I have been having them quite frequently the last couple of days, a whole 4 pack of mars ice creams just fell into my mouth today 😋

I swear those cookies have legs and walk into my mouth.

Snaccidents Love it. So glad it's not just me! Thanks guys

Hi DS,

How are you doing ?

Hey Maca. I'm alright thanks. I've had a few more snaccidents which I need to be careful about. Mood is up and down but not as bad as before so hopefully that's progress. I forgot to take mirtazapine last night and I'm 3 hours late with Ven today so feeling a bit odd but that's my own fault. How are you getting on?

Same as you really, abit up and down with mood/anxiety but nothing major. Sleep still odd with whacky dreams, some good some horrific. Woke up with Mirt cravings so was eating a Snickers bar at 3am, mad isn't it. On the whole I would say things are getting alot better.

It is odd. Yes, I polished off a packet of jammie dodgers last night. Not good! The dreams are very strange. The psych said that it's the brain processing after months of not sleeping properly, but I'm not convinced and think it's the meds. Maybe it's both. I've had a couple of nights of feeling really agitated and a bit panicky, and then some slightly mad moments of feeling quite euphoric, but nothing that's made me want to call for help again thankfully. I'm so pleased that you think things are on the up for you, and I guess it will be a little up and down. As long as overall it's improving, that's the main thing. What is your GPs plan? Are you sticking at 150 Ven and 15 mirt? How's it going with zopiclone?

I think its the meds causing the dreams as well its pretty well documented. The plan is to come off Mirt but I'm going to suggest both as they are I think its a good combination. Still taking Zop it will be the last to reduce but as I'm not getting panic in the day I don't need to take half to calm down at work, which is good but im realistic in as far as I know it will be hard coming off.

Yes I agree about the dreams. I don't really mind it though, for the most part. I'd not heard about the ven/mirt combo until I started it but keep coming across it more now. As long as it's not causing you any problems then yes, seems sensible to stay on both. It's great that you're not needing the zopiclone in the day now and I think feeling more positive overall will help when you do reduce it. Are you going to increase the ven again?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information