Thread: Bad morning anxiety

Bad morning anxiety

My stomachs been a mess since two months ago and I am now a full time beige eater... Seven doctors put it down to IBS and I'll get a H.pylori test in four days but whatever going on has made me have the worst anxiety every morning as my entire diet has had to change as I'll suffer miserably if I eat what I want :( . In the nights I somehow forget about it all and I sleep incredibly but I'm so nervous about a reunion today cos I know I'll have to restrict my diet.. Anyone got any tips? I don't fancy like going on anti anxiety pills as I hear they CAUSE stomach issues.

Re: Bad morning anxiety

Hi jalapeņo.

I sympathise with the horrible morning anxiety. It is the worst feeling ever. Ive never really found the answer but I think it's caused by stress hormones peaking at certain times. What I do find is that the sooner you can get up and get on with the day, the sooner it eases off. Are you finding that?

It sounds like you have a lot going on at the moment with your health. I'm sure that getting some answers to that will help. Then you'll know what's what and what you need to do with your diet. Lots of these things are temporary and it might be that you don't have to restrict it forever. Even if you do, it might just be a few trigger foods, not necessarily lots of things.

You could speak to your GP about anxiety meds. They would definitely be able to advise on what you might be able to have that wouldn't upset your stomach. Good luck
    Last edited by Dying_Swan; 30-06-19 at 12:45.

Thanks so much DS. Very nice response - Weirdly today I did wake with the morning anxiety but it was 40% better than usual - most likely cos I took an Imodium yesterday so my tummy system has obviously been on "rest" mode. I realised that the anxiety is ONLY there when I get a twinge of needing the bathroom or gas but as there is an issue almost everyday I can never ever relax. The gas has been my main issue as it smells rotten and I had a humiliating incident a few days ago which has caused me to be an absolute MESS. Gonna just buckle down to begging the doctors on thursday to check a stool sample. Thanks for your kind words x

Really glad the anxiety was a bit easier today. I can understand why you'd feel anxious about it, but give yourself a break. I am sure no-one other than you gave it a second thought. It's really hard when something isn't right but you don't have a diagnosis, but hopefully you're getting closer to finding out what's causing your symptoms, and then you and your docs can figure out how best to manage it. It sounds like that will also help with the anxiety. Good luck

Thread Information