Thread: Antibiotics for Epididymitis

Antibiotics for Epididymitis

Around 11 days ago due to constant testicular pain and my doctor checked my testicle for bumps and there was none and came to the conclusion that I had epididymitis and was put on a 10 day antibiotic plan the pain went down significantly to the point I barely feel it throughout most of the day but there is still lingering discomfort at times that show that there is still lingering and that the infection or inflammation is still there do I go back to the doctor to go on a new plan or try a herbal route I’m only 17 how long does it usually take to get rid of it

Re: Antibiotics for Epididymitis

Quote Originally Posted by kmois View Post
    Around 11 days ago due to constant testicular pain and my doctor checked my testicle for bumps and there was none and came to the conclusion that I had epididymitis and was put on a 10 day antibiotic plan the pain went down significantly to the point I barely feel it throughout most of the day but there is still lingering discomfort at times that show that there is still lingering and that the infection or inflammation is still there do I go back to the doctor to go on a new plan or try a herbal route I’m only 17 how long does it usually take to get rid of it
    Usually I find it best just to have another chat with the doctor that you first visited for this issue, you might just need a further course of antibiotics but they will certainly be able to tell you.

Positive vibes and a quick recovery!

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

It can take at least a week after finishing a round of antibiotics for the symptoms to totally wane. Keep your hands off yourself and allow it to heal. I don't see a need to call the doctor over this as the meds obviously worked.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

An older thread but for anyone else wondering the same thing.

Try using ibuprofen too, my GP gave me Diclofenac and antibiotics but I'm sure it was 2wks before it went completely and don't wear tight fit clothes for a while.

I had it last year, one big lump on each testicle. Sucked. However, didn't treat it with anything - I was told by my doctor it would go away on it's own. It took about 3 weeks but did. Dunno. YMMV

Thread Information