Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: [Trigger Warning] Meds don't work. Still depressed.

Re: [Trigger Warning] Meds don't work. Still depressed.

Not a bad day today. Just far too hot. Last night I tried to sleep and I couldn't. Started to panicky even though I had 2 diazepam that day. I took another, waited 45 minutes, still felt anxious. Not as bad but I still couldn't sleep and was frustrated. I checked what the recommended dose is for anxiety especially during sleep. Everywhere said 10mg. And here I am taking 2mg. So I thought I'm going to try something. I took 3 more. I knew it was safe to do and the overdose amounts were in 1000mg range. That took it to 8mg. Didn't want to go to 10 because I'd already had x2 mg that day and 1 before. The halflife is pretty long I've read so didn't want to risk any build up contributing to any ill side effects. Safe to say there was none.

I had the best night sleep ever and woke up refreshed and ready to go. Been out helping the neighbors. Almost got a clients site ready for deployment too.

So in theory keep giving me valium to take at night to sleep. It seems a good sleep is what I need to be mentally prepared for the next day. Sleep has been disrupted for so long I've lost count. In practice doctor will say no and will instead stick me on antipsycotics.

Please doctor. Please just let me deal with any lasting damage of using 10mg a night to sleep and kill the anxiety. But they won't. They'd rather I suffer for god knows how long on the next cocktail of meds.

2mg ... lol. No wonder they wasn't really touching me. Going to call them tomorrow and tell them what I did and how I feel about this situation.

Hi Wired.

Great to hear you had a good day. Sleep does make an incredible difference, and not being able to sleep is so hard. Trouble with diazepam, as I'm sure you know, is you get tolerant to it and end up needing more. I recently saw a psychiatrist and was expecting to be put on low dose antipsychotics for sleep, but instead he suggested a low dose of mirtazapine (in addition to venlafaxine) and for me it has been a sleep miracle. I don't know whether it would be suitable for you, but just to say don't lose hope if they won't give you more diazepam - there are still other options that can help, if you need them.

Enjoy the sunshine. It's a bit much isn't it?!

Still having okish days at the moment. Sleeping well. I forgot to take a med last night, but still going fine. Today I quit smoking so there's going to be some hellish moments but it's a waste of money and health and I've had enough of smoking. Tastes disgusting. Leaves a foul taste in my mouth. If I'm going to be a hermit during these tough times I may aswell reduce the risk of heart problems

Through some miracle I've managed to remain 14 months sober. To be honest I never think of alcohol when I'm down anymore so I hope I can do the same with tobacco.

I always end up in horrible arguments with my partner when I quit. I've said to her the keyword is "I need some alone time for a moment please". Once I mention that, it means my head is feeling like it's going to explode and to just let me cool down and re-discuss when I'm cooled.

Be careful with the whole quitting smoking thing. It's brilliant that you're doing it but I went through a very deep depression when I quit nicotine. It's a stimulant so removing it can make your mood plummet temporarily, plus will make you feel more angry and agitated. Perhaps a very slow withdrawal would be the best plan for you? x

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa101 View Post
    Be careful with the whole quitting smoking thing. It's brilliant that you're doing it but I went through a very deep depression when I quit nicotine. It's a stimulant so removing it can make your mood plummet temporarily, plus will make you feel more angry and agitated. Perhaps a very slow withdrawal would be the best plan for you? x
    I had to put it on hold. It became unbearable with the mental health issues going on at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I had to put it on hold. It became unbearable with the mental health issues going on at the moment.
    I know you want to do it but the increase in anxiety from stopping smoking seems like too much right now. You need to get your overall levels of anxiety down first.

It's not a failure, it's just good planning

just leaving you some hugs, Wired
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information