Thread: How I find tinkering with electronics therapeutic. Fixing old VCRs etc

How I find tinkering with electronics therapeutic. Fixing old VCRs etc

So I have always enjoyed fixing and taking stuff apart since I was little. Not only has this become one of my favorite hobbies but it has also helped with stress and anxiety. Like the other day I was given a bunch of cool free stuff to play around with and tinkering/learning etc. There was an oscilloscope that worked, some old av receivers, a VCR and a tape deck. I had been stress out with my HA that day and realized that I had completely forgotten about whatever pains I was having that day and didn't even realize it! I had been messing around with this cool oscilloscope and I think that somehow took my mind off of it and somehow the pain vanished. Kind of weired really. As I enjoy e-cycling I get donations for my learning and that I can fix up to use and sell or scrap. Whenever I am restoring some old VCR or radio or whatever it is like some kind of therapy which appears to somehow calm my anxiety and I find it relaxing. Is this weired or does anyone elce do the same too? I would like to hear! I hope this might also help other sufferers of Health Anxiety. If this is too irrelevant for this subforum I apologize.

Re: How I find tinkering with electronics therapeutic. Fixing old VCRs etc

funny you mension tubes! I was just given a tube tester in a trade last week. Was told the things use to be in drugstores and you would bring your tubes to be tested. Lots of gauges/knobs and diles to keep one's mind busy. Was great hearing your experience with similar methodology and how sometimes it can backfire like that. I remember my OCD getting so severe like that too! I would obsess about electrocution this, contamination that, douting this, failure that. Glad that phase is behind me now.

I tinker with my RC cars.
    I find it relaxing and time flies.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

That's why I gave up on planes 30yrs ago

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Thread Information