Tonight was the worst panic attack day I've had in so long. I get milder panic attacks most days but every now and then I get what I call 'doom attacks' which feels like a bad panic attack on steroids. Every symptom is heightened especially the impending death and doom ones.

Today I had one of these attacks. My back and chest became so tight, the doom and death feeling were so strong, my arms ached and both my hands tingled so much. It felt like they vibrated more than my phone ever does! Usually my anxiety tingling is more mild so this symptom took me by surprise.

In the end it got so bad that I had to call my local crisis team. They were lovely and advised me to see my GP on Monday. I was so close to calling 999 instead. I knew it was a panic but it was so convincing that it wasn't just a panic if you know what I mean?

The attack was 4 hours ago now and the anxiety I have left is still high. I can't settle and just keep pacing my flat. I've tried playing some games and watching TV but can't get into it. The only thing that really helped was going for a bath for an hour.

What do you do to help with the high anxiety after a huge panic attack?

Take care everyone. Hope you're all well xx