Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Breast dimple and no referral

Re: More boob drama. Need help!

*hugs* I'm so sorry!! I can completely relate to the obsessive checking and examining. It's such a dark and lonely place. If you ever need to talk feel free to pm me. Praying for you, hun!

Am I doing breast exam wrong? Dimple in fold

Quick question....

When doing a self breast exam, do you lift the boob to check for skin changes underneath? Cos when I lift it, I get a shallow dimple form vertically down the centre of the inframmary ridge(the “fold” of the breast)....But I’m not sure if it is just from stretching the skin, or if I should get it checked.
    And of course, my anxiety is fixating on it!

Anyone know if I’m checking my breasts wring and causing this to happen? It only happens on my left breast!

Re: Am I doing breast exam wrong? Dimple in fold

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Breast dent getting worse after US scan

I’m so sorry to be back here again asking for help.
    6 weeks ago I had a breast ultrasound on a long vertical indentation running down my breast. They said they could only see normal breast tissue on the scan and suggested it could have been mondors syndrome which is recovering, even though they couldn’t find any evidence of this on the scan.
    Anyway, I think the vertical line is getting worse, not better as mondors would, pls I’ve had it for 3months + now! Mondors would have healed completely by now!
    I’m scared and I don’t know what to do. Should I be reassured by the ultrasound scan regardless of it getting worse? I don’t know if it’s worth going back to my GP about it given that I’ve already had it checked?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have a vertical indentation going down the side of my right breast. It appears when I lift my arm. I had it fully checked in 2016 by mammogram, ultrasound and breast MRI. Nothing seen. Dr said it's a lazy ligament which happens as we age. I'm 34 btw.

Thanks Leslie! I wasnt offered a mammogram or mri...in the uk they rarely offer Mammogram to under 40s (I’m 35) but now I’m doubting the reliability of an ultrasound alone!

Should I get a second opinion?

I’m having trouble knowing if my anxiety is stopping me from moving on, or if this is a real issue that I should pursue?

I have a large, vertical breast dimple at the 5 o clock position on my left breast. It is only visible in certain lighting, but it’s quite large...about an inch or more.

I saw my GP about it and she told me she wasn’t worried about it and won’t refer me to the breast clinic.

(I think this is simply because I was at the breast clinic two months ago, although this dimple wasn’t noticed or mentioned then.
    I didn’t have a mammogram, only an ultrasound of a small area lateral to the areola.)

I’m in bits, not knowing what to do. Should I try to accept my GPs opinion? How can they tell that a breast dimple is benign by just looking and feeling?!

Hi

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Hun I have the same line, I’ve not specifically had the line looked at but I did have an ultrasound and mammogram 8 months ago. I went to the gp about mine and he didn’t even look at it he just said something sinister wouldn’t present like that, I’ve also seen forums mentioning something similar stating it’s an ageing thing

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information