Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Questioning It All

Re: Questioning It All

Best to call your doctor if you have questions but as you said, no news is good news.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hey everyone! Sorry for not posting on the forums yesterday, I was planning on taking a break one of these days from the forums I’m on, but of course, life decided that was yesterday.
    I once again had another headache spell that caused vomiting throughout the day yesterday, and I really couldn’t do much but just try and sleep it off. Probably vomited a good 5-6 times yesterday because of how severe the headache was and how long it hung on
    My family and I are beginning to think that this is truly migraines and that I’m experiencing the true forms of migraines and that the headaches aren’t related to anything else.
    Can anyone else who’s experienced migraines relate to what I’m talking about? Any suggestions on what I can do to stop these?

Well after waking up once again in the middle of the night with a pulsing headache and vomiting, I finally decided enough was enough, so I went to my local urgent care today.
    Nurse practitioner believes it’s migraines and he prescribed me naproxen to take whenever the headache comes on in the future (if it does).
    Hopefully it works

Good luck! I suffer from migraines and they're wretched things.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Good luck! I suffer from migraines and they're wretched things.
    Trust me I know the feeling now. It ain’t pretty. Thanks for the pick-up!

As for advice; I can only tell you what's worked for me. My main problem was never the headaches; I've had them since my teens and I'm used to working through them.

What became a problem a couple of years ago, though, were the visual disturbances caused by aura, which frightened the life out of me. At their worst, they could be triggered by strong perfume, bright lights or even a dog barking suddenly (I'm not phobic about dogs).

I didn't put the pieces together until they stopped; I'd started drinking caffeinated coffee frequently after years of avoiding it. Then summer came, I was mostly drinking water and the auras tailed right off - it's been nearly a year since the last one. These days I try not to have more than a couple of cups of non-decaf in a week, and mostly not even that.

It can be worth taking a quick look at your life and trying to see if anything has changed - it might help you find the key.

Well guys, naproxen did the trick!
    Yesterday was still a pretty awful day, as the prescription got delayed at my pharmacy, so we had to wait a little longer for it to be filled and ready for me. And of course, I got a migraine early Saturday morning at 5:00am, and ended up throwing up bile since I had nothing in my stomach, everything was already digested.
    The migraine stayed persistent throughout the day, finally the prescription was ready at 3:00, took the medicine at 4:00, and it cleared it up right away. Took a second dose at 11:30pm so that I could sleep through the night, and that worked too! Got a full night’s sleep for the first time in a LONG time! Super happy that it worked!
    Super glad to be back!

So glad you're feeling better!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    So glad you're feeling better!
    Thank you BlueIris!
    By the way, in response to your earlier message, I’ve actually never had aura come with these migraines, it’s just been the headaches and the severity of them. That’s been the main issue for me.
    I also drink decaf coffee because the caffeine exacerbates my anxiety symptoms, so I tend to steer away from that.

Yeah, migraines are weird. Fair warning: they can evolve over the years - not necessarily get worse, but definitely change. I only had my first aura when I was 38. On the other hand, mine often go away for years at a time, too.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information