Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Questioning It All

Re: Questioning It All

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Yeah, migraines are weird. Fair warning: they can evolve over the years - not necessarily get worse, but definitely change. I only had my first aura when I was 38. On the other hand, mine often go away for years at a time, too.
    That’s what I’ve heard from friends and friends of my parents who’ve suffered migraines too. They’ve changed, but haven’t gotten worse over time, so maybe that’ll happen, I don’t know. We’ll see LOL

Migraine Troubles

So I’m mainly directing this thread to anyone that has experienced migraines, hopefully you can help me out with this.
    As you may have seen on my previous threads, I’ve been recently diagnosed with migraines and was prescribed naproxen to take whenever I feel a migraine starting to come on.
    The first day I took the naproxen was my terrible day on Saturday whenever I was throwing up bile because of my migraine. It worked tremendously. I was able to sleep through the night and was fine the entire day on Sunday.
    Well today’s been a little bit of a different story. I could feel a headache starting to come on at around 9:30 this morning, so I decided to take the naproxen to stop it in its tracks, cleared it up.
    Well just about 10 minutes ago, I could feel another one starting to come on, and I took naproxen. Hopefully it’ll clear up before it gets any worse.
    For those of you with migraines, is this typical? Should I be experiencing these this frequently? Any tips? Share your experiences?
    Thank you so so much in advance!

So as you guys have been able to tell, I haven't really been posting about my own anxiety battle and concerns recently. That's because for the last three weeks to a month, I feel like I've made a drastic improvement in my anxiety. It's been months since I've had a panic attack, it's been months since I've actually felt anxious mentally.

But I'm still not 100%.

Recently, I've noticed that some of my older symptoms, physical symptoms that is, are coming back. Especially my urinary incontinence. Just these past few days, I've had more incontinence episodes than I've had in previous weeks, and it's starting to become an issue again. My muscle twitches in my legs have become more persistent in certain positions, but overall, the twitches are becoming more aggressive, but last for short amounts of time. My migraines have been on and off, actually vomited this morning as a result of one, but I was able to get it cleared up and have been fine the rest of the day. Other than today, whenever I've felt one coming on, I've just taken the naproxen, and it's stopped it from happening. I'm also still not able to put as much weight in my legs as I want, which is putting a lot of strain on my arms when I'm trying to get in cars and transfer to different places other than my wheelchair.

I've had every medical test under the sun done. X-ray (normal), CT scan (normal), EKG (normal), bloodwork (all labs normal despite high cholesterol, it runs in the family LOL), urine test (two urine tests I've taken have come back clear), pulmonary function studies (lungs have improved), ultrasound of bladder, kidneys and prostate gland (according to urologist, all is normal), thyroid ultrasound (both nodes still remain benign).

What confuses me about all these physical symptoms that I am experiencing is that they are still present despite my anxiety being at a true non-existent state. All these symptoms that I am experiencing were not around before this anxiety started. All these symptoms started when the anxiety started. We've obviously considered the possibility that it is just the "perfect storm" of timing, and these don't correlate with the anxiety at all, but it really is hard to think it isn't from the anxiety when these symptoms weren't happening when I didn't have anxiety.

My therapist, family, and I have talked about the way that the subconscious works, and how it is possible that it is still continuing anxiety and its symptoms even though I may not feel anxious. I've always been told how there is ways to control my subconscious, but truly, I still feel like I can't tap into my subconscious, and say, "Hey, I'm OK. I'm not in any danger."

Do you all think that it is truly possible that my subconscious is still manipulating me and causing these symptoms? What can I do to tap into it and get these symptoms reduced? Is there anything I may be missing here? I appreciate all y'all's advice in advance!

You've been on the forum for less than a month, have a couple of threads and 30+ posts related to your worries. To say you haven't been posting much recently is simply not the case.

Remember...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    You've been on the forum for less than a month, have a couple of threads and 30+ posts related to your worries. To say you haven't been posting much recently is simply not the case.

Remember...

Positive thoughts
    \
    What an analogy! That is so awesome! I can totally relate to it.
    So personally, from your experience, how long did it take you for those "hot coals" to finally go out? I know every anxiety case is different, but maybe a baseline from you might help me get a better idea

Quote Originally Posted by adamden View Post
    So personally, from your experience, how long did it take you for those "hot coals" to finally go out? I know every anxiety case is different, but maybe a baseline from you might help me get a better idea
    Not a sufferer but I have dealt with some depression and "scanxiety" after my illnesses. I'm six years out from stage IVa Head and Neck cancer. I would say that I really started to feel more confident I had beat it three years out. My "scanxiety" was related to follow ups and it manifested itself as irritability. I had a chill pill I took for those times and had therapy as well.

Those coals can hang around for months and longer as evidenced by many members here. Its individual to the person and the work they put into treating their anxiety.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Unfortunately, woke up again with a migraine headache, and threw up the naproxen that I tried to take before the headache got bad. And I had more incontinence this morning. :(
    If things don't get better today, then I'm gonna go to the ER, but if they stay fine for the day, I'll just follow up with the urgent care doctor that I saw last week once they have availability tomorrow.

Alright..... we might be getting somewhere folks.
    After waking up with YET ANOTHER MOTHER(CUSS WORDS GALORE) MIGRAINE this morning IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AT 3:00AM (can't you tell I'm having a grand ol' time), I decided to call the pediatrician that prescribed me the Prozac, and she thought it might be time to change my medication to see if that truly is what is causing the migraines. She is gonna switch me to 25mg of Sertraline.

My dumb hypochondriac mind is saying what if serotonin syndrome happens because I'm upping the dose? Anyone have any advice on that? Could anyone please share their experience with Sertraline?
    Also, urgent care never got back to my request for my appointment, so I'll call them tomorrow. Luckily, I was fine the entire day today.

Serotonin syndrome is so rare I think you'd be better off worrying about being struck by lightening. Besides, you're not really a kid anymore, and when it does occur, it is usually in young one. So yes, your mind is being dumb

Have you seen a neurologist for the migraines? When did they start? Before or after the SSRI?

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Serotonin syndrome is so rare I think you'd be better off worrying about being struck by lightening. Besides, you're not really a kid anymore, and when it does occur, it is usually in young one. So yes, your mind is being dumb

Have you seen a neurologist for the migraines? When did they start? Before or after the SSRI?
    I have not seen a neurologist for the migraines, but I have spoken about it with my pediatrician who prescribed it, and several different nurse practitioners at a clinic in Tennessee that I see. They all at first didn't believe that it was being caused by the Prozac, but it sounds like since it has persisted, they may have changed their minds. They started July 3rd, just 26 days ago. After the SSRI. Started the SSRI May 8th.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information