Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Questioning It All

Questioning It All

I know I shouldn’t be doing this, but it’s nights like last night that are posing so many questions. Is this truly anxiety? Are these symptoms real and being chalked wrongly to anxiety? Man anxiety sucks......

Just for some background to you all, I’m an 18-year old male from Arizona in the United States. Been suffering from health anxiety for close to four months now.

Anyways, For starters, after the party I hosted last night, I went to sleep at 11:00pm, but woke up at 2:00am with the same exact splitting headache behind my eyelids that caused me to get sick on Wednesday. What do you think happened this time? Got sick again in the middle of the night. As soon as I got sick though, the headache got better, didn’t entirely go away, but I fell back asleep, and it is gone now as I type to you all. I can’t pinpoint why these headaches are being caused, as I’m not finding any common denominators. If anyone has any ideas, please throw them at me. This time around when I got sick, it wasn’t a lot that came up, but still, got sick anyways.

But if that wasn’t all, as our party was ending, I had urinary incontinence happen at around 10:45pm (which I chalk up as being my own fault because I didn’t give myself enough time), but I also had incontinence sometime last night in the middle of the night and I’m not sure when. That’s the second straight night now I’ve had incontinence happen in the middle of the night. And I’ve been on a good track recently on eliminating incontinence recently during the day and night :(. The urinary incontinence has been a persistent symptom ever since this anxiety began for me.

It’s just times like these that make me question if anything medical is truly going on, or if this is all anxiety and I’m gonna be stuck with it for years to come. I know I’ve had my medical work-up done (CT scan, X-Ray, blood work, EKG, pulmonary, etc.) and it all came back clear. I even had a urologist appointment last Monday to talk about the incontinence, which I have an ultrasound to for sure settle everything on that end Thursday, but I feel like they aren’t gonna find anything, and I’m gonna be left with continuing to find out how to eliminate these symptoms.

I just need some pick-me-up, some advice, some answers, ANYTHING! All this is making me not want to get out of bed today. :(

Re: Questioning It All

Hey, adamden, fancy seeing you here (not surprised since AC is down again). :P Unfortunately you may not really get "answers", because there isn't always an answer for things. Sounds like you could be experiencing migraine headaches, which can certainly cause nausea / vomiting. Likewise, vomiting can also cause headaches.

Where did you get on the incontinence with the docs? I can't recall exactly what came of your appts.

Quote Originally Posted by bin tenn View Post
    Hey, adamden, fancy seeing you here (not surprised since AC is down again). :P Unfortunately you may not really get "answers", because there isn't always an answer for things. Sounds like you could be experiencing migraine headaches, which can certainly cause nausea / vomiting. Likewise, vomiting can also cause headaches.

Where did you get on the incontinence with the docs? I can't recall exactly what came of your appts.
    Bin! So nice to see you here too! Yep, Central is down again, and I saw someone recommend this forum to someone else on Anxiety Community (which is another forum I am a part of), so I decided to jump on and see how it goes!
    That's always my fear is not having answers to certain problems, but it's something I must work around LOL. The weird thing is is that I have not experienced migraines ever in my life until this week, which is very interesting. My parents and I talked a little bit more about everything with the headaches, and we're thinking it actually may be a side effect of my Prozac. I'm gonna speak with my GP at the beginning of the week and see if that is indeed a possibility. We've confirmed that the headache are what is causing my vomiting. We'll see.
    In summary of the incontinence, the urologist that I saw believes I may be experiencing some bladder retention, but is not 100% certain on that because when they did a bladder scan to see how much was currently in my bladder at the time of the appointment, my bladder level was normal at 250 ml inside my bladder. He said that if that number was in the 300's and 400's, then he would be concerned, but he doesn't see that at this point. He also has a strong feeling that this is indeed anxiety-related bladder incontinence/retention because he saw the urine test results I did this week, and saw in my medical record that I have been diagnosed with hypochondria and am currently on Prozac.

He also mentioned that if I wasn't able to go to the bathroom more than once or twice a day, then he would be even more concerned, but of course, that is not what is happening. I've already gone to the bathroom four times today and it's only almost 3:00 here in Arizona. So all in all, he's not seeing any reason to take action or be concerned about it at this point as long as I am able to still go to the bathroom and urinate consistently.

He still ordered an ultrasound of my bladder and kidneys to be done, but I believe I can find results of my bladder and kidney portion of my CT scan, and just send that to him. We'll see.

Sorry bin, I copy and pasted a reply I had made on Anxiety Community. Disregard the going to the bathroom four times today part LOL.

I recommend NMP as well. Some people will post on AC then copy / paste it here (or vice versa) and I don't necessarily agree with that, but that's just me. Lots of experienced people here, same as AC, with lots of great advice and tough love. :P

Yes, I imagine migraines / other headaches can be a side effect of medication such as Prozac. I agree you should speak to your prescribing provider, especially if it continues. They can make any adjustments necessary. As for the bladder stuff, I do recall now, and I think you can certainly let that go. At most, it still sounds entirely benign. Could it be real, and not caused by anxiety? Yes, but that doesn't mean it's bad. It happens.

I recommend NMP as well. Some people will post on AC then copy / paste it here (or vice versa) and I don't necessarily agree with that, but that's just me. Lots of experienced people here, same as AC, with lots of great advice and tough love. :P

Yes, I imagine migraines / other headaches can be a side effect of medication such as Prozac. I agree you should speak to your prescribing provider, especially if it continues. They can make any adjustments necessary. As for the bladder stuff, I do recall now, and I think you can certainly let that go. At most, it still sounds entirely benign. Could it be real, and not caused by anxiety? Yes, but that doesn't mean it's bad. It happens.
    Tough love is what I need at this point haha!!
    I'll be speaking with my provider tomorrow on this, and maybe we'll find out if they think it's better to just stop the medication at this point. I agree, we (we being myself and the physician's assistant I saw) believe it's benign and we'll just keep an eye on it and see what the bladder ultrasound on Thursday produces. Thanks as always bin! You're awesome!

Just wanted to give an update on this thread (cc @bin_tenn):
    I spoke with my GP today who prescribed the Prozac and she told me she doesn't believe it is a side effect of the medication, it is just rather a small migraine spell that I am experiencing, which is in turn causing the vomiting. I attempted to send an email to the clinic I see in Tennessee, but have not heard back from anyone at their office. Just wanted to get a second opinion from them as well since they were the ones that saw me most recently, they may know more.
    Hopefully they'll get back to me and we can settle this, haha!

How long ago did you begin the Prozac? Curious as to why your doc doesn't think the headache could be a side effect. She knows a heck of a lot more than I do about medicine, I'm not discrediting her by any means. I just know nausea and headache are common symptoms of Prozac and similar medications, but they generally wear off within a few weeks of beginning the med.

How long ago did you begin the Prozac? Curious as to why your doc doesn't think the headache could be a side effect. She knows a heck of a lot more than I do about medicine, I'm not discrediting her by any means. I just know nausea and headache are common symptoms of Prozac and similar medications, but they generally wear off within a few weeks of beginning the med.
    I started the medication on May 8th. It's been two months to the day actually.

That makes sense why your doc doubts it's a side effect. Oh well. Sometimes it just happens, no apparent cause.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information