Thread: Water instead of poop?

Water instead of poop?

Sorry to be so crass in my post title. I'm kind of freaking out. I have IBS C which can fluctuate depending on what's going on hormonally in my cycle, so I am pretty familiar with all of what my body can produce. For the last 24 hours I've been having cramping and urgency that comes with D with only water coming out. No fever, no aches, chills or tiredness that comes with being ill just this cramping and urgency after I eat or drink something. It's also just a very small amount, not like you have when you have a stomach bug. It's totally weird. I can't find anything online about it.

I was sick with a 24 hour thing a couple of weeks ago that had some gastro early on but mostly was just fever. I can't see how those would be related but maybe? I called my brother who is a gastroenterologist but he's traveling and can't call me until later this evening. Anyone ever experience this? Really trying to prevent me from going to worse possible scenarios (I deal with unspecified pelvic pain due to anxiety and Interstitial Cystitis and I'm always scared that something greater is going on). Thanks in advance!

Re: Water instead of poop?

Do you mean clear water?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Do you mean clear water?
    Thanks for replying! Yes, clear like water. No color or anything resembling poop at all.

Ok not had that before. I get really watery diarrhea but it is not clear. Maybe ask a doctor about it as I have not heard of someone pooing clear water.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you for your reply! I spoke with my brother last night and he thinks it could be a virus or bacterial infection. Turns out that clear water can also be a form of D but it's coming from the colon instead of the upper GI. It could also be a spastic colon as part of an IBS flare. I have an appt scheduled with my Dr today so will hopefully have some additional insight. Was able to have a small amount of normal stuff this morning so maybe I'm getting back to a regular state?

I did want to share that if you are sick or just not regular it's not an issue to not have a bowel movement for more than 3 days, even a week is still within normal range. Not optimal obviously but also not abnormal. I was concerned that I would get sick from not going to the bathroom for 48 hours other than just this water stuff but my brother reassured me that it wasn't as big of a problem as I was making it out to be. I was also afraid it was C-diff (my HA going off the rails) but my brother let me know that the horror stories about C-diff are cases that come from hospital settings and have other complications involved.

Thread Information