Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: So worried about what’s wrong with me...

Re: Really scared and depressed..

I’ll definitely look that up. Does this not sound concerning at all to you?

No, because you've been told repeatedly by qualified medical staff that everything's okay. It's safe to trust them, and to assume any weird stuff is due to anxiety.

Re: Can’t stop freaking out about my breathing!

You're just hyper aware of your breathing, it's very common with anxiety. If it's been checked, you're fine.

You need to put the O2 meter in a drawer and forget about it, and then distract yourself from your breathing. It also helps to breath through your nose (even though you think you need to gasp air in through your mouth) as you're probably hyper ventilating too.

Re: Can’t stop freaking out about my breathing!

I dealt with this feeling last week, even though I "felt" like I wasn't getting enough air or like my breathing was "off" it ended up being my anxiety and the fact that I was just focusing way too hard on a normal bodily function. Do you have any things you enjoy to do to distract yourself? I found that the best thing when I had this feeling or any hyperfixation really is to focus on something else and notice how quickly the feelings go away once our minds are occupied.

Also, like ankietyjoe said, consider moving or having someone else hold onto the O2 meter for now, remember you were just tested by medical professionals and everything came back clear.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Oh god the shortness of breath just keeps getting worse... Just checked my oxygen again and it went down to 95 just sitting here that has to mean something bad is wrong :(

95 sounds fine to me

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    95 sounds fine to me
    I know somethings not right because I get this feeling in my chest and it feels really hard to get air in and out more so out.. It feels like when breathing out I can’t get all the air out and I run out of air really quick.... It feels like I can’t even feel my self breathing because it’s shallow I guess idk but I’m beyond terrified :( . I see my pcp next Tuesday but idk if I can make it that long this feels so bad...

What’s weird I’ll have brief periods where I feel fine and am breathing clear and great but then back to feeling constricted and the weight on my chest..

Readings in the high 90's are perfectly normal, it fluctuates 94%+ anyway. Bare in mind your levels move around just as everything else does e.g. your blood pressure, you cna;t expect it to always be x as the human body doesn't work like that.

If you are experiencing shortness of breathe (more when relaxing) then it may be worth talking to your GP about this. But haven't you done this already?

I've asthma since childhood, I've never used one of these pulse oximeters other than the occasional time a medical professional needed to message it and that was rare. I will bet you those of us with asthma have readings lower than you because we have a chronic lung condition and yet we aren't advised to bother checking these levels as they are not concerned.

Bare in mind shortness of breathe and anxiety can be common. Panic means the breathing changes. And also bare in mind we often worry about breathing which leads to trying to "manually breathe" which puts stress on the body as we don't do it as well as the subconscious has been doing it since birth and this results in aches & pains, tightness (yet it;s not chest tightness, it's more the back musckes).

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information