Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: So worried about what’s wrong with me...

Re: Really scared and depressed..

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Readings in the high 90's are perfectly normal, it fluctuates 94%+ anyway. Bare in mind your levels move around just as everything else does e.g. your blood pressure, you cna;t expect it to always be x as the human body doesn't work like that.

If you are experiencing shortness of breathe (more when relaxing) then it may be worth talking to your GP about this. But haven't you done this already?

I've asthma since childhood, I've never used one of these pulse oximeters other than the occasional time a medical professional needed to message it and that was rare. I will bet you those of us with asthma have readings lower than you because we have a chronic lung condition and yet we aren't advised to bother checking these levels as they are not concerned.

Bare in mind shortness of breathe and anxiety can be common. Panic means the breathing changes. And also bare in mind we often worry about breathing which leads to trying to "manually breathe" which puts stress on the body as we don't do it as well as the subconscious has been doing it since birth and this results in aches & pains, tightness (yet it;s not chest tightness, it's more the back musckes).
    Yes I’ve been to the er multiple times and I just had an echocardiogram of my heart that was normal. I had pulmonary function test done last year that was normal also. I see my pcp Tuesday I just hope it’s not something serious like pulmonary hypertension or respiratory muscle weakness....

Throw the O2 meter in the bin please.

And stop googling things you don't understand.

Stop using the Oxygen meter, as Joe said, nobody in the home (unless they have a respiratory illness that requires checking) needs one!

Oh god the shortness of breath just keeps getting worse... Just checked my oxygen again and it went down to 95 just sitting here that has to mean something bad is wrong :(
    You have issues with your breathing due to anxiety, tightness of muscles and hyper awareness of what should be an automatic function. YOU are currently affecting your breathing by focusing on it, and highly likely affecting your oxygen reading with hyperventilation. See any anxiety article that talks about 'shortness of breath'.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Stop using the Oxygen meter, as Joe said, nobody in the home (unless they have a respiratory illness that requires checking) needs one!

You have issues with your breathing due to anxiety, tightness of muscles and hyper awareness of what should be an automatic function. YOU are currently affecting your breathing by focusing on it, and highly likely affecting your oxygen reading with hyperventilation. See any anxiety article that talks about 'shortness of breath'.
    I really don’t think it’s anxiety because I keep getting chest pressure off and on and I read that your supposed to breathe out more than you breathe in. Like I can take in a deep breath through my nose that last for 5 seconds but when blowing out I run out of air in like 3 that just can’t be right... It’s like I’m struggling to get the air out idk I’m so scared :(

Listen to what you're told by the medical staff. They have the knowledge, the training and they're not half-insane from anxiety.

Hypo... in the 2+ years you've been here and prior to that on AZ, your anxiety and skewed way of thinking as well as posting pattern hasn't changed at all. Nothing you feared has been a real physical issue and sadly, you've done nothing to address your mental illness. They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. One thing is for sure.... you're driving yourself crazy :(

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hypo... in the 2+ years you've been here and prior to that on AZ, your anxiety and skewed way of thinking as well as posting pattern hasn't changed at all. Nothing you feared has been a real physical issue and sadly, you've done nothing to address your mental illness.
    Sadly yes. People keep hoping that you will find a molecule of motivation to deal with your REAL illness, but you never do. What can we do or say that wll make any difference? Its all been tried over the years.....

It'll be anxiety and focusing on your breathing I am SURE. You are on an anxiety site, you have HA, this is a known about symptom of anxiety, some of us responding have had EXACTLY what you describe......yep we are whistling in the wind.

So worried about what’s wrong with me...

I deal with so many symptoms every day suck as head pressure, dizziness/vertigo, shortness of breath, skipped heart beats, unsteady when walking and fatigue. I do have a chiari Malformation which I’ve read could cause all of those symptoms. I’ve just been really depressed and anxious about this because it’s ruining my life :( I feel like I have no purpose anymore because I can’t hardly do anything anymore without feeling those symptoms... Has anyone else dealt with stuff like this?

Re: So worried about what’s wrong with me...

I’ve been drinking everyday because of these symptoms and it’s the only time I get any relief.... I know that’s its definitely not the right thing to do but idk what else to do :(

Re: So worried about what’s wrong with me...

Please anyone? My heart is skipping a lot today and the dizziness is real bad should I go to the er?

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information