Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why can’t I believe this isn’t crohns

Tummy troubles once again

Hi, I have recently had a promotion to store manager and I’ve split up from my long term partner of who I had a mortgage with for 8 years back in November, I have since got a new girlfriend and all is going well on that front as is the new job but I have been under immense stress and never suffered with ibs or symptoms of ibs, but since April I have had persistent tummy pain occasional diarrhoea, stomach noises, heartburn, indigestion etc I’ve had a FBC and a stool test and all came back clear and been told it’s stress related ibs, has stress physically made anyone else ill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Tummy troubles once again

"Immense stress" was caused by promotion? IBS symptoms can flare up dramatically during or immediately after a stressful incident. The pain you're getting is most likely from your IBS - trapped wind etc.

Are you still worrying about IBS being something sinister or are you coming to terms and accepting stress as culprit?

Never Surrender, Comrade

Re: Tummy troubles once again

The promotion has led to increased pressure which has caused me to stress out, and I am starting to accept it purely because the tests I had has ruled out anything sinister

Only sometimes my tummy plays up

Hi I have been diagnosed with ibs which I’m struggling to accept as I was convinced it was crohns or worse, I have got this under control recently and my symptoms all but disappeared I even had a dominoes pizza the other night with no ill effects however I had a Chinese last night, some ice cream and cookies and I went to toilet this morning and my poo is very sloppy :( I honestly thought I was getting better

Re: Only sometimes my tummy plays up

Quote Originally Posted by Noworryjonny View Post
    Hi I have been diagnosed with ibs which I’m struggling to accept as I was convinced it was crohns or worse, I have got this under control recently and my symptoms all but disappeared I even had a dominoes pizza the other night with no ill effects however I had a Chinese last night, some ice cream and cookies and I went to toilet this morning and my poo is very sloppy :( I honestly thought I was getting better

if you have ibs and you are eating food like you say well its bound to effect your bodily function.Its about eating a well balanced diet not junk food.

best wishes x

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    if you have ibs and you are eating food like you say well its bound to effect your bodily function.Its about eating a well balanced diet not junk food.

best wishes x
    True! Sheesh! Look at the FODMAP diet and keep a strict food diary of everything you eat for a month and cross off foods that aggravate your system.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I know I shouldn’t eat the stuff it’s just so hard to adjust and I had a few days where eating bad stuff didn’t effect me then all of a sudden it has

You can get away with eating a little bit of bad food, but don't eat loads of it a few days in a row. Have a little treat and then eat better, it won't affect you as much (if at all) then. X

Yea I had dominoes the night before and then Chinese and ice cream and cookies so that might be something to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by Noworryjonny View Post
    Yea I had dominoes the night before and then Chinese and ice cream and cookies so that might be something to do with it

Do you think

l know its hard but just try and at least cut it down, you should notice the difference xx

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information