Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back on sertraline after stomach episodes

Back on sertraline after stomach episodes

So after 4 months of being off anti depressants sadly I’m now back on them :(, I’ve had recurring stomach pains bouts of constipation and diarrhoea and convinced myself I had crohns.

Tests have ruled that out along with the doctor saying there is no doubt in his mind it’s crohns so surely I should be happy.

So sadly I have to go back on the tabs to try and get over this, I feel like a failure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Back on sertraline after stomach episodes

Don’t feel like a failure. Feel like you’re doing something positive to combat this illness of health anxiety. I have been on Lexapro, then off, then on again . And finally realized i am miserable trying to fix it myself. I need the medication.

Thank you, I’ve heard SSRI’s also help with ibs too which is good

I'm on 8 prescription medications due to physical issues. I took an SSRI during therapy for depression after the illnesses I suffered. I don't feel like a failure. What's wrong with taking a medication to address mental health issues? Good for you for taking steps to address the real illness.

One more thing. I spoke to my doctor about all the meds I take and my displeasure with doing so. He said "just be thankful we live in a time where we have access to medications to address the challenges we face". He's right. 100 years ago, people died from diseases that are now curable/treatable or eradicated and the mentally ill were on their own and some were put in institutions.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yea true fish, it’s hard to accept a that my ibs is just ibs and not crohns despite the doctor telling me it’s not and tests ruling it out the stomach cramps and diarrhoea are really getting me down

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Please can you stick to one thread about your bowel issues and post other things in the correct forum as you are making a lot of work for the admins. Thanks a lot.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Started back on sertraline today

Hi I took sertraline at 1pm this afternoon and within 4-5 hours I feel really spaced out and dizzy and my appetite has completely gone! Is this normal with sertraline?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

I’m on day 3 now on being back on sertraline and I’m really struggling with the side effects:

Muscle aches - mainly back and upper bum pain
    Warm feeling all over
    Sweating
    Tummy pain
    Constipation
    Increased anxiety

Please someone help me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information