Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Annual Physical in a Week. Nervous!

Re: Annual Physical in a Week. Nervous!

Thank you for your words. I don't fear needles at all but rather the results of the tests.

Since yesterady afternoon, I have a weird feeling. I feel tired, light headed, and just off. I checked my blood pressure and it is normal. My pulse is normal too.
    Could it be dissociation, derealization or something similar.
    I am thinking it could be that I am tired. I went to bed early last night and woke up feeling a little bit better.
    I still have those feelings but they are a bit better.
    I wonder what they could be? I guess I will find out tomorrow as I will be getting a complete blood count.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Quote Originally Posted by THoltz View Post
    Does anyone have any insight into this?
    Its anxiety. After my cancer treatment, I suffered from what I called "scanxiety". I had to go for scans and tests every three months for the first two years and with a 50/50 chance I could have a recurrence, it was certainly stressful. For me, the stress would manifest itself into irritability. A couple weeks before the appointment, I was irritable as hell. I was given a chill pill that I would take during that time.

So yeah, your anxiety over this is causing the symptoms, plain and simple. They'll wane after you get the all clear.

positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Its anxiety. After my cancer treatment, I suffered from what I called "scanxiety". I had to go for scans and tests every three months for the first two years and with a 50/50 chance I could have a recurrence, it was certainly stressful. For me, the stress would manifest itself into irritability. A couple weeks before the appointment, I was irritable as hell. I was given a chill pill that I would take during that time.

So yeah, your anxiety over this is causing the symptoms, plain and simple. They'll wane after you get the all clear.

positive thoughts
    Ok. My annual exam is tomorrow so I will see then.

I have noticed in the past hour that my symptoms have subsided as I have been focused on other stuff.
    It's weird because these symptoms were so generalized. mild light headedness (but no vertigo), tiredness, and some nausea.
    I also have some sleep issues that may aggravate it too .

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post

positive thoughts
    I agree. The anxiety symptoms will probably be diminished or disappear after your results come back. The waiting kills me too. I'm waiting to see my Dr on Monday to discuss my thyroid biopsy results. I get this done every few years. I'm doing blood work for levels this week too. In addition to blood work redo for my RA factor. So my anxiety symptoms are elevated this week. I'm attributing me being tired and weak to my thyroid levels being off (keep in mind they were fine months ago and I got full blood work done at hospital the other night including that).

I'm doing what fishman is doing too - utilizing my chill pill option this week and for appointments.

You should definitely write down your symptoms leading up to the blood work appointment, day of and after. Then your symptoms the day you get the results and the week following. Then you can have a chart to look at of your symptoms, tracing a pattern to see when and how often they manifest and pin point if they are triggered during stressful events. It's reassuring and helpful. Psychotherapist had me do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. My annual exam is tomorrow so I will see then.

I have noticed in the past hour that my symptoms have subsided as I have been focused on other stuff.
    It's weird because these symptoms were so generalized. mild light headedness (but no vertigo), tiredness, and some nausea.
    I also have some sleep issues that may aggravate it too .
    When my husband and I lack sleep we notice that our symptoms appear or are amplified compared to the usual.

And I find it helpful to find specific things to focus on and keep very busy leading up to stressful stuff vs having a ton of quiet down time. Keeps the mind occupied and symptoms down like what you're saying.

So I had my annual exam yesterday and all of my results came back optimal. My doctor commented on how impressed he was with the my test results and told me to keep doing what I was doing.

Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood "Told Ya So Gang"

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

So I had my annual exam yesterday and all of my results came back optimal. My doctor commented on how impressed he was with the my test results and told me to keep doing what I was doing.
    Great news!!!!!! Very happy for you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information