Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has My Mum Got Bowel Cancer?

Re: Has My Mum Got Bowel Cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Honestly? I'd trust them to know their own body by that age. People generally do.

Your behaviour is so far out of control it isn't funny, and you might want to consider returning to your GP over this.
    I'm trying to get my mum to come with me one day next week when she's free so we can talk about what's going on and she can hear it from a doctor if it's a cause of concern

I think you're missing the point here, Toby.

I know that fear makes us behave in ways we're ashamed of, but your current actions are crossing a very worrying line.

Toby it’s not up to you, it’s up to her. Just like you dealt with your problems in your own way. I would not be surprised if she’s stressed, she sounds like a brilliant Mum with a very busy life. Don’t give her more to worry about, this is you transferring your worries into her and is not fair at all.

It’s natural for us to worry about our parents, but you are taking it too far and are almost at the stage of bullying her. I know you don’t mean to necessarily but please leave her alone. Don’t you think she’s suffered enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving somebody doesn't equate to having ownership of them.

I won't listen in anymore, I only did it the once because I knew she was having diarrhea.. I'm just scared.

What can I do to let this go? I don't think I will be able to completely but there's just every chance it could be cancer and it makes me feel sick.

There isn't every chance. Honestly, with the stress she's under it wouldn't surprise me in the least if she had some minor GI issues.

And yes, being brutal, this would be your fault.

I wouldn't take your mum to a GP appointment with the intention of bringing up her health. It's about her supporting you with your health.

Whilst she may need to see a GP about her bowel troubles you are not an objective person. Didn't you say she had a friend she was discussing it with? Most likely an older woman who will be able to encourage her to se a GP if it doesn't stop. But that is so far away from being about cancer and I bet if you asked a GP they would tell you just how few people they see about cancer compared to all the other everyday illnesses we get.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information