Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dimpled/cellulite skin near left breast

Dimpled/cellulite skin near left breast

I've been somewhat obsessed with breast cancer lately. I feel like my left breast is not feeling right. I can't find a lump and I don't have very large breasts so hoping it would be easier to find in someone my size. Yesterday it felt a bit sore if I pressed hard whilst checking for lumps. I know it's a bad time to check as I'm having my period.
    Today after a shower I started looking at them and noticed dimpling where I have underarm fat. I've had a fat bulge under my left arm for years. I am now almost 50 so am unsure if this is just aging sagging skin or something more sinister. I'm seeing my doctor on Monday so will bring this to his attention. I'm unsure if my underarm flab near the breast has looked this way for ages and maybe I just haven't noticed. I also worried about the safety and reliability of mammograms. I've been reading how they don't always pick cancers up. I'm over thinking but I'm just very worried.

Re: Dimpled/cellulite skin near left breast

I have exactly what you described on the of both breast but more on my left than right.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie735 View Post
    I have exactly what you described on the of both breast but more on my left than right.
    Hi Leslie, have you had it checked by a doctor or is it not something you worry about. I'd really love to know if I'm overreacting. I've slept on it and feel slightly less panicked but still concerned. Thanks for your reply.

I haven't had it specifically checked, but I have had a mammogram and breast MRI. I'm 34 years old and freaked about something unrelated and couldn't drop it and had those tests 3 years ago. Nothing was found.

I haven't had it specifically checked, but I have had a mammogram and breast MRI. I'm 34 years old and freaked about something unrelated and couldn't drop it and had those tests 3 years ago. Nothing was found.
    Thanks Leslie x

Quote Originally Posted by Pearly queen View Post
    Thanks Leslie x

You're welcome! Feel free to PM me if you need to chit chat. I deal with, what I call, breast anxiety, often! I've had a couple of dimples/indents checked over the last few years so I completely understand!!

You're welcome! Feel free to PM me if you need to chit chat. I deal with, what I call, breast anxiety, often! I've had a couple of dimples/indents checked over the last few years so I completely understand!!
    Thankyou so much Leslie, that is really kind x.

Same thing happened to me. I found a dent on my breast, 1/2 inch under my nipple, I can see it when I lift my arm. Went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago who ordered a diagnostic mammogram and an ultrasound. Mammogram picked a bening dent, and ultrasound came all clear. Radiologist said they don't know what can caused, he said is "just a dent". I also have a bulge of fat between my armpit and back. Demons come to my head some days thinking is something sinister and tests didn't pick it. I can't stop googling it. I hate to have that fear. I am 39 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by anja1 View Post
    Same thing happened to me. I found a dent on my breast, 1/2 inch under my nipple, I can see it when I lift my arm. Went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago who ordered a diagnostic mammogram and an ultrasound. Mammogram picked a bening dent, and ultrasound came all clear. Radiologist said they don't know what can caused, he said is "just a dent". I also have a bulge of fat between my armpit and back. Demons come to my head some days thinking is something sinister and tests didn't pick it. I can't stop googling it. I hate to have that fear. I am 39 years old.
    Thank You, it is the worst feeling. I had started to calm down and then had a sharp brief pain in my left breast last night and it started the anxiety over again. Rationally I know it is probably hormonal and for me aged 49 perimenopause symptoms but I don't think rationally. Now I worry that my anxiety is ultimately going to make me ill but I'm too anxious to do anything other than worry. It's becoming a constant drain.

You're welcome. It's good you are seeing your doctor so you can put your mind at ease. Googling it doesn't help. All you can find is the big C and very few people talk about dents or dimpling being benign. Let us know how your doctor visit went.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information