Thread: No palps for months.. now they are back.

No palps for months.. now they are back.

I started getting palpitations back in November, they would happen for a week and then stop for a week or 2. Over a few months they stopped and started alot. My doc felt my neck and figured out after scans that I have a swollen thyroid but apparently normal levels.

I don't know whether the cause of the palps are from my thyroid.. they really get to me and make me feel depressed and not want to be here! I convinced myself that I'm gonna have graves disease due to my swollen thyroid and that the palpitations are from the graves. I dont know what to do!

They stopped for over 3 months!

I read up about bulging eyes from graves disease and now everytime I get a palpitation I think my eyes are gonna bulge before long

Re: No palps for months.. now they are back.

Hi there so have you had blood tests or ECG ' 24 hour monitor at all .

I've had all of those, bloods are apparently all normal
    Ecg and heart monitor never showed any palps as they didnt happen during!

I've been getting palpatations for about 5 weeks on and of the first time I got them they were constant for a week and a half and hardly stopped I went to my doctors and had blood done and said to have 24 hour monitor which I haven't had yet ' but they did stop for 2 weeks then came back with avengance a week ago ' see I've not had no tests done yet so I'm not sure what's causing mine yet.

Its very frustrating! I hate them more than anything! I hope you can get some answers soon

Yes and very frightening I've never had anything like it and just started out the blue the blood test was ok except for my cholesterol and b12 a bit low inhale read low b12 can dive you palpitations but the doctor didn't mention anything and don't know why it's been so long waiting for the monitor ' I'm still getting them but there not lasting all day like they was before but still get them every day ' but I keep telling myself because I've been having them for about 5 or 6 weeks now if anything was seriously wrong I would know by now I would have thought ' but after I've had them they make me feel tired and exhausted do you get any symptoms with the palpitations.
    Last edited by jackieann3; 13-07-19 at 11:29.

My palpitations come and go as well. Back in late March through early May I was getting them relentlessly - most days I'd have hundreds. After my echocardiogram and 2 Day Holter Monitor both came back absolutely fine, my anxiety about them greatly decreased. For about a month and a half I barely had any. Lately they've come back again as my health anxiety has returned. At this point I just accept that they're harmless - very uncomfortable, definitely, ESPECIALLY when you're getting a lot of them, but they're almost always benign, and certainly benign if you've been checked out by a doctor for them.

Thread Information