Thread: Enlarged Lymph Nodes - Don't know what to do!

Angry Enlarged Lymph Nodes - Don't know what to do!

So for ten years I've had problems with enlarged lymph nodes in my groin... Just had another ultrasound because I remember the original doctor ten years ago say if it was Cancer it was low-grade and could be find for 10 years...

Couple months ago started having problems again, had what I thought was a boil on the leg/groin which may have actually been a lymph node that the dermatologist cut (that's another story and in another thread) so I had an ultrasound on the area again.

Results came in and my general doctor emailed and said no reason to come back or monitor. Got the results from radiologist and it shows multiple normal-appearing right inguinal lymph nodes with normal reniform configuration, thin cortex and central fatty hila. ok? but then says There is normal Doppler blood flow. The largest measures 30 x 4.2 x 5 mm in the long axis, short and transverse dimensions. Left: Multiple normal-appearing left inguinal lymph nodes are identified. The largest measures 17 x 10 x 6 mm. IMPRESSION: Bilateral shotty inguinal adenopathy with the dimensions of the largest nodes as noted.

HOLY CRAP! How is 30MM nothing to be concerned about? Everything I see online says anything over 15MM in that area needs to be investigate and could be malignant.

Freaking out over the 30MM not sure why doctors are not and not sure where to go or what to do next.

Re: Enlarged Lymph Nodes - Don't know what to do!

Ask the doctor about it??

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I asked the doctor she said not to worry no explanation on why not to worry about 30MM

Quote Originally Posted by anxdesert View Post
    IMPRESSION: Bilateral shotty inguinal adenopathy with the dimensions of the largest nodes as noted.
    In other words. You've poked and prodded so much you made the node shotty. Its that way permanently now and still not sinister.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

lol... yes possibly, but it's the 30mm that is bothering me. I can live with shotty nodes if that's all it is but everything I read says 30mm is way beyond normal. looks like the upper limit for groin nodes is 15mm The short axis seems fine, but I can't find a lot of info on the long axis and my doctor is no help in clarifying.

30MM has to be bad right? Not understanding why they are not suggesting further testing.

There was a member here that had a lymphoma fear. He had seen literally dozens of doctors and had dozens of tests and scans. He poked and prodded to no end and was told he had shotty nodes from all the self examination. He had a similar sized node in his groin. Regardless of all the medical testing, he persisted, finally finding a doctor to perform an invasive surgical biopsy. Of course, it was negative. He STILL didn't believe it! Don't be like him!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I know some can be from poking and prodding and seeking a second opinion or biopsy is actually the last thing I want to do but 30MM just seems incredibly large. It's weird though because the short axis was small so I'm not sure what to think.

I had a similar issue with the nodes on my neck (or should I say have - they’re still there!). Had me panicking for a while so I understand but my GP as well says they are just scarred nodes either from previous infections or from playing with them so frequently. It’s actually quite common. I know its easier said than done but I wouldn’t worry unless it suddenly starts growing huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrissikos View Post
    I know its easier said than done but I wouldn’t worry unless it suddenly starts growing huge.
    That's what I'm worried about 30mm seems huge with everything I'm reading which seems like way to big to grow.

Thread Information