Hi all, I'm really struggling at the moment. I'm a 37 year old male, fit and healthy and prone to health anxiety to which I have had CBT for in the past. I still get recurrences but have been a lot better. I am however currently petrified I may have bowel cancer. My guts have always been a bit all over the place which my doc many years ago put down to IBS however a few weeks ago I sat on the lookout for a while and when I looked down it looked like there was slight red colour mixed with brown in the toilet water around the poo, I've also noticed mucus on the poo that looks a pinky colour I think. I've not noticed any really bright streaks of blood on the stool itself and have (I'm really embarrassed to say) even been inspecting the stools in toilet paper to see if I can see the blood but when I press tp onto it it just looks brown, I have seen some mucus that looks pinky brown when I've done this. The stools themselves have been normal colour, a few times a bit yellowy but not black or red... On Monday I had a vegan wrap which had beetroot in it, Tuesday I passed stool with purple which I was ok with but on Wednesday I did one that had a bright red blob which looked like blood and was leaching out into water, part of me wonders if it was a piece of beetroot that had changed in colour inside from purple to more Reddy but it freaked me out! I've been to GP and she did digit test and found nothing, she also felt my tummy and said she couldn't feel anything, she has referred me to local colorectal clinic so waiting to hear for an appointment, I went for full blood test on Wednesday and she should get results back today... my tummy aches and I'm in a complete state, no appetite and scared to go to the toilet in case of what I find. If anyone could offer me any kind of positive vibes I'd be grateful.