Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another lump. Extremely scared!!!!

Re: Another lump. Extremely scared!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Silverfish View Post
    It's stupid I know. But. Now once again I am freaking out I have soft tissue sarcoma and mets of it.

It's too hard for me to just believe my ankle is sprained. It feels like their is pressure on my Achilles' tendon. Like a tumor is on it. And, the bump is still there.

I cannot stop thinking I am dying.

I get a biopsy on this place behind my ear tomorrow and I'm so afraid of what the results are gonna be that I feel like hurting myself.
    If you're having serious and / or overwhelming thoughts of harming yourself, or anyone else, please seek professional help immediately. Call your doc, see a therapist, or go to the ER. Your anxiety is spiraling, and you just need to try and get it under control. It takes time, patience, and lots and lots of practice. A therapist and medication will not magically cure your anxiety. The medication can help take the edge off, and the therapist gives you the tools you need to (not all inclusive) 1) identify triggers, 2) identify the anxious behaviors and thoughts "in the moment", and 3) alter your behavior to more appropriately deal with those thoughts.

But if you're a danger to yourself or anyone else, you shouldn't wait to seek help.

So. I went to the ER again tonight. Got a CT scan finally. Shotty lymph node. Non cancerous.

Good to hear! So, time to start working on your anxiety.

I never updated about the bump behind my ear. I had a CT scan. It is a lymph node. I go the ENT Wednesday. Scared.

The node has never gotten any bigger though. But, it feels rubbery and bouncy which bothers me. But the ER doc said it didn't look like cancer. Still got to go the ENT to get my anxiety to go away though.

The ENT looked at it and looked at my CT scan again and believes it's just a cyst. I'm still worried about sarcoma though. I can't stop worrying about it.

I get thismthing out snd and biopsied on September 26th. Have to be put under to do it. Never been, so I am afraid. Wish me luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information