Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctors words.....

Re: Doctors words.....

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Yep, could be from your description. So why not try some of the self-help measures for sciatica and see if it helps? I had hospital physio for sciatica many moons ago - but there are plenty of relaxation and exercise techniques which can help at home for mild cases.Its not.
    I agree with Carys, this sounds like sciatica. This means sitting and lying down will make it worse. What is needed is stretching and light exercise. The NHS have an exercises page and there is tons out there on Google (some that helps that the NHS doesn't mention in terms of exercises). But sciatica can take time to resolve. I found TENS helped which originally was something I found for my dad who had a history if sciatica to the severity of when it appearing he was crawling around in the floor for days (and it really helped him).

Quote Originally Posted by Noworryjonny View Post
    So a clear MRI and blood tests can rule it out?

I’ve thought I’ve had AS for three years now so I almost have to say to myself so what if it is, I’ve lived a normal life (apart from health anxiety) for 3 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m just tired of it all I really am

The choice is yours, let it go or suffer continually.

I'm out of this thread now because you're adamant you want to keep making yourself suffer, but feel free to drop me another PM if you want some constructive tips on how to let this go. You said you want fast results, but whatever I suggest to you won't be fast, so be mentally prepared before you try the things that actually work, it takes time.

Good luck.

I’m just tired of it all I really am
    Then do something about it, instead of just accepting this misery. The keys to this lock are in your own hands, and advice has been offered by many about how to progress beyond this back pain obsession.

I know I went to the beach on my own today but because it’s a 2 hour drive it was just so uncomfortable in the car so by the time i got there that’s all I can think of,

I’m just adamant it’s AS I know it is

Quote Originally Posted by Noworryjonny View Post
    I’ve thought I’ve had AS for three years now so I almost have to say to myself so what if it is, I’ve lived a normal life (apart from health anxiety) for 3 years
    Still logged in I see...Frankly, worrying about a disease you don't have for three years is not normal at all. All you doing by being on here is feeding your dragon. The reassurance seeking patterns are quite obvious (?) Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I know it’s not normal but I’m consumed by it, when I have quite clearly the symptoms it’s so hard to believe it’s not that

Any amount of improbable things can seem quite clear when you're in the grip of severe anxiety.

It can help to check in with people close to you; I know I can trust my husband to tell me if I'm being irrational.

My parents, friends and girlfriend are all telling me I’m being irrational and it’s not AS but I know my body and I’m sure it’s that

Your parents, friends and girlfriend are all a lot saner than you right now.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information