Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctors words.....

Re: Doctors words.....

Quote Originally Posted by Noworryjonny View Post
    I went back to docs to get signed off for a week as my anxiety is all over the place at the moment.

He confirmed AGAIN it’s not AS I really should start believing but I need to work on my actual illness of anxiety

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What’s not to believe? You’ve had tests done. I was diagnosed with AS from a simple X-ray. You’ve had a MRI. MRI would detect inflammation even BEFORE actual damage to the joints. Your doctor would have seen inflammation. Not "maybe". Absolutely.

AS is very easy to diagnose once you actually do the tests. If doctors say you don’t have AS after doing an MRI then you don’t have AS. You just don’t.

Be happy you’re clear of this disease and wipe it from your mind.

Yea I have downloaded various games, I plan on going to the gym this week. The MRI was 1 and half year ago so I’m worried more damage has been done.

I had blood tests to test for inflammation for collitis and other inflammation about 9 months ago which came back clear though

Damage from inflammation can’t happen magically. If there was no inflammation on your MRI a year ago, then there was no inflammation. If you had blood tests a few months later that also came back clear, then you don’t have inflammation. Inflammation is something real, measurable. It’s either there or it isn’t. In your case, it isn’t.

Let me be blunt. When I had my first symptoms of AS, it hit me like a truck almost overnight. Within months I had excruciating pain, had to get up an hour earlier just so I could walk around my appartement holding the walls and waiting for my joints to loosen up. Cringed in pain when turning in my bed at night. Could barely get up from a chair in the evening. My feet hurt like hell and my fingers were swollen from the peripheral arthritis that sometimes comes with AS. My neck could barely turn.

THAT is an initial AS flare. Then I got tests done and it showed CLEAR inflammation. No but’s or maybe’s. Then I got on meds and have been pain-free for seven years. Got my college degree, found a job, work full time, girlfriend, child, all that Jazz.

I think I’ve spoken my piece. You have back pain like a lot of people get from tension or other reasons but there isn’t anything mechanical or inflammatory. MRI are super sensitive. They would have picked up any trace of inflammation or mechanical damage.

You don’t have AS. 100% certain you do not.

Yup, I don't think being signed off was a good idea at all. Instead, jump for joy and celebrate that your tests are 'all good' and get back to normal life.

Nothing would change in that span of time Jonny. Do what your doctor says and get a grip on your anxiety and take care of that issue.
    You don't have AS. And it won't develop that quickly. You are medically healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by adamden View Post
    Nothing would change in that span of time Jonny. Do what your doctor says and get a grip on your anxiety and take care of that issue.
    You don't have AS. And it won't develop that quickly. You are medically healthy.
    Well I had the same symptoms then as I do now but I’ve been ok for year and a half with the odd back ache but never not been able to get out of bed or anything.

A clear MRI and no inflammation in my including a CPR level of 1 would indicate no inflammation

Dude, let it go now.

Take that week off and go sit in the park in the sun. You need to break this cycle.

You are standing in a hole whilst digging, moaning about the hole you're in.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Dude, let it go now.

Take that week off and go sit in the park in the sun. You need to break this cycle.

You are standing in a hole whilst digging, moaning about the hole you're in.
    You’re right joe, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Noworryjonny View Post
    Well I had the same symptoms then as I do now but I’ve been ok for year and a half with the odd back ache but never not been able to get out of bed or anything.

A clear MRI and no inflammation in my including a CPR level of 1 would indicate no inflammation

And that would indicate no AS. Just as you can’t have cancer without cancerous cells, you can’t have AS without inflammation. AS IS inflammation. No inflammation, no AS.

Ok so even though it was year and half 2 years ago it would of shown something then?

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information