Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Doctors words.....

Re: Doctors words.....

A&E took me to the mental health team and they helped me they gave me a medical and agreed it’s my situation and my tablets that’s caused me like this

I’m concerned about the diarrhoea and needing to poo all the time but they said the tests have ruled anything out sinister and it’s anxiety and side effects of sertraline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're ramped up due to starting the meds. When I took Zoloft for depression, I had a dodgy stomach for a few weeks but it settled down. Other than that, I didn't have any other side effects. I didn't notice any difference but people around me did. They commented on my attitude being more positive. I attribute that to the meds as they enabled me to focus on therapy.

Bottom line, is you're physically healthy despite what your anxiety is trying to tell you. We can't help you believe that as reassurance doesn't work. Its going to be up to you. Hang in there and think about getting some real life professional help.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 21-07-19 at 18:45.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Eat little amounts often - as I said on PM, a handful of nuts, a biscuit, a banana, a cup of milk, a yoghurt, that type of thing. Don't worry about 'meals' just get something into yourself.

Difficult weekend!

Hi guys,

I went into hospital Sunday feeling suicidal, I have had this anxious knot feeling in my stomach for 3/4 days and my worrying about my health got too much and I just wanted to end it all!

I went to A&E waited 8 hours to speak to mental health team. They were very good.

I also had a full examination blood tests and a rectal examination and got told I’m very healthy with very good iron levels.

I am now back home highly medicated and awaiting referral to the psychologist.

They told me the weird feeling in my stomach and needed to poo was anxiety induced ibs.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Difficult weekend!

"Highly medicated" on what?

You don't mention depression often in your posts. You generally focus on physical symptoms, which I remember commenting on before. So I hope seeing a psychologist will be helpful as it's important to get to the root of your HA and other MH problems.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Zopiclone and lanza(something) and 150mg sertraline,

Yea I don’t normally suffer with depression but this episode has caused me huge distress and the docs are saying it’s now depression

Anxiety and depression can often be close kin. In the worst of it for me, the anxiety started things off, but before I got through the worst of it, depression was just as bad, if not worse than the anxiety. =(

I am glad you are getting the help you need though, stay strong. I was like that--wanting to just not feel it anymore--and I am much, much better off now. Seems like a distant memory to me at this point. If I can do it, so can you.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

So I’ve had a couple of better days, and my stomach has been settling along with my anxiety,

However I went to go for a poo and the consistency was completely normal but now I’m left with a very sore bottom and the feeling I didn’t finish, i keep trying to tell myself it’s very common with IBS

Pretty normal for both IBS and a side effect of Sertraline. It'll settle down along with your anxiety as the meds kick in.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread Information