Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctors words.....

Re: Doctors words.....

But clear water is that normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've had a thread about it recent, and apparently it is.

I suppose if I’ve not eaten anything or drank anything but I have an upset tummy because of the sertraline that’s all I can poo out is water

Personally, I've not heard of totally clear 'water' coming out, but it seems that it can happen from some other posts on here. Ring your GP if it seems abnormal to you, or related to the medication.

Bowel issues are one of the most common side effects of starting an antidepressant.

Even if you had the AS you dread what do you think A&E can do about it? It's not an emergency situation. This is about the panic reaching high levels and you wanting reassurance but please try to use other strategies for this as A&E can't help you and others need that service more. Speak to your family. It doesn't matter if it drives them, or us nuts, it's better than taking up A&E time.

That being said, don't beat yourself up about as we've all done stuff like this at some point in one way or another. Just learn from it.

Tightness up the leg, something well known in sciatica. Work on it and see if it improves but it can take time.

Hiyer Terry,

Actually, this has got confusing, Jonny has another thread about his 'clear poo' and its kinda all been resolved.......

Hey guys

so my poo isn’t clear it’s just quite runny and mucusy, I’ve got such a tummy ache today and the runs!

I’m hoping it’s because of the sertraline and my anxiety

Of course it is, that and the fact you didn't eat normally for a few days.

Jonny, do you recall I warned you that it would take quite a while to sort out? Remember I gave you the same advice as NHS direct Read back some of the replies on the last two pages, to give reassurance to yourself. You have affected your GI tract, the whole lot not just the bowels, by starving yourself and taking meds on an empty stomach and with severe anxiety. I said, don't expect it to return to normal straight away. What you are describing sounds perfectly normal for someone who has hammered their gut flora and balance of GI in general, this can take quite some time to sort out. The new med and your anxiety ALONE could be causing some problems, but also so could the way you have treated your body the last few days - I recognise the symptoms you have.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information