Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctors words.....

Re: Doctors words.....

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You've had an MRI scan which would pick up anything out of the ordinary. MRIs can also flag up structural problems which cause no pain so the fact that your MRI was normal and there are no inflammatory markers in your blood rules out AS and anything worrying.
    Thank you, i had a full blood count and various tests done for inflammation and again nothing came back, the doctor has put it down to mechanical

I don’t know why I have worried so much about it I know plenty of people with it and they live normal lives, bloody health anxiety

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Noworryjonny View Post
    but I have done a lot of research on AS today
    This is what you need to stop doing, period. Doesn't matter what the reason is, it doesn't matter what you think you might have. Just stop googling. Period.

I know it’s just so hard, it’s hard to accept this backache is just normal back paik

I know it’s just so hard, it’s hard to accept this backache is just normal back pain
    You keep saying this regardless of medical doctors and dozens of replies of reassurance. What do you hope to gain by doing so?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I don’t know fish, I’ve tried counselling I’m back on sertraline I don’t know how else to accept it

I know it’s just so hard, it’s hard to accept this backache is just normal back paik

Backache is the single most common complaint that Doctors see. It's benign 99.5% of the time. You know this.

So, you say not checking is hard, but it's the cause of your suffering.

You have a choice here. Do that hard thing and NOT check, or keep suffering. There is no way you can keep doing what you're doing (self checking, googling) and recover at the same time. It's like trying to give up smoking but still smoke cigarettes. Once you accept that, you might find it a bit easier.

Thanks for the replies guys, means a lot your right I need to accept it

You have had a whole string of tests saying there is no sinister reason for your backache. Be pleased and relieved about this? Many are not so fortunate and would be delighted to have received your results. "But they don't have HA", you will respond but believe me, having HA gives you the luxury of choice...Be satisfied with the results or choose to remain in a self-inflicted HA cycle of indeterminate length.

Like pulisa said, you’ve had a battery of tests done and they have found nothing. You must learn to accept what the doctor’s tell you, because if you don’t, you’re going to continue to stay in this vicious cycle of “what if”, and that’s not healthy for you.

I have AS. If you have a clear MRI and no elevated inflammatory markers, you don’t have AS. Or that would be very rare. MRI would pick up active inflammation and erosion to bones.

Not sure what area your doctor scanned but if you have no inflammation or erosion of the SI joints, you’re 100% clean.

Uncontrolled AS isn’t just back pain. It’s also accompanied by fatigue and a general sense of feeling ill. I’m sure you’re fine.

I’ve had AS for 10 years and work full time, have no active inflammation and you wouldn’t know I have it. It’s definitely treatable and most people live a perfectly normal life.

Feel free to ask any question. I know a lot about AS

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information