Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twitching after walking?

Twitching after walking?

Hello everyone. First of all I'm sorry for my bad English because it is not my native language. I had some random twitches for 11 months but I ignore them because they are random not frequent and severe not affect my daily life and lasts for long time without weakness. But for almost 1 months I had twitching after every walking. When I walked for 30minutes and sat down I felt some random twitches in my legs especially at the back of my thighs. They last a few minutes after I sat down then I don't feel any more but almost after every walking which lasts at least 30 minutes I felt them. I am very nervous about it and I afraid of motor neuron diseases like als. I am 20years old woman. In your opinion is this situation dangerous? Thank you very much.

Re: Twitching after walking?

Hello,

Don't worry, it's completely normal and not dangerous at all.

Take care

Thank you so much but how do you know that? Do you have these twitches too?

Quote Originally Posted by Yourboymj99 View Post
    Hello,

Don't worry, it's completely normal and not dangerous at all.

Take care
    Thank you so much but how do you know that? Do you have these twitches too?

Hello again,

Yes, this happens to me all the time. I notice them around my lower Achilles tendon after a run or even when I get off work and set down to drive home as I'm on my feet a lot while at work. I've studied this quite vigorously and have a broad understanding of the neuromuscular system. What your experiencing is normal and quite common. As always, remember anxiety affects your nervous system and the more you focus on this completely normal occurrence the more you will begin to question it, therfore making the fasiculations more noticable. Keep walking and don't give the muscle twitches a second thought.

Take care

Hello again,

Yes, this happens to me all the time. I notice them around my lower Achilles tendon after a run or even when I get off work and set down to drive home as I'm on my feet a lot while at work. I've studied this quite vigorously and have a broad understanding of the neuromuscular system. What your experiencing is normal and quite common. As always, remember anxiety affects your nervous system and the more you focus on this completely normal occurrence the more you will begin to question it, therfore making the fasiculations more noticable. Keep walking and don't give the muscle twitches a second thought.

Take care
    Thank you for relaxing answer. I try to ignore it but it always seems after I walk and it is very annoying. If it is normal, why other people don't feel it and why I didn't use to feel it before 1 month. Also I have had some random twitching for 11 months and these twitches which occur after walking exist for 1 month. In your opinion are they linked and dangerous? Thank you again.

Some people experience muscle twitching while others do not. Some are deeper in the muscle and not felt while others are closer to the surface and therfore more noticeable. They can happen at any point so don't worry that you didn't notice them before 11 months ago. Most likely, you just didn't notice. Anxiety will only make them happen more frequently. Other things such as muscle fatigue, lack of sleep can also be a factor.

Take care

Some people experience muscle twitching while others do not. Some are deeper in the muscle and not felt while others are closer to the surface and therfore more noticeable. They can happen at any point so don't worry that you didn't notice them before 11 months ago. Most likely, you just didn't notice. Anxiety will only make them happen more frequently. Other things such as muscle fatigue, lack of sleep can also be a factor.

Take care
    Thank you for the reply
    Hopefully, it is completely normal occurrence as you said
    Thanks again

Your welcome. Again, try to put this worry out of your mind. Your going to be just fine. Take care.

Your welcome. Again, try to put this worry out of your mind. Your going to be just fine. Take care.
    Sorry for bothering you again and hello again but I worry about this twitches still. Do you know the mechanism of twitches which occur after walking? Could you share with me? Why don't they exist when I walking but I feel them when I sit down after walking. Today I walked for 50 ministers and felt them very noticable. Thank you again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information