Quote Originally Posted by Champion Worrier View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your suffering, and over such a long period of time. These symptoms are no fun. Waiting for tests and test results is the worst, so I hope you can find enough calming distractions to keep you sane until you have some results.

I think my GI doctor might have been able to detect the worried tone in my reply because I got another email today explaining that the evidence of inflammation was minimal - not enough substantial bowel or small intestine thickening to suggest Crohn's apparently (which makes me wonder why they mentioned inflammation at all). Combined with the fact that I'm not anemic (in fact my hemoglobin is in the upper part of the healthy range) the doctor is not at all concerned. So I think I'm going to try to ride out my anxiety and turn down further tests that would fuel it more, and instead work with the doctor on strategies for IBS symptom management.

I hope this thread can help reassure anyone who has lower right abdomen issues. It seems you can feel like there's a large object lodged against your right hip - and even feel inflated lumps in that area - yet have nothing obviously pathologically wrong on a CT scan. The joys of IBS and/or anxiety.

I know this is an old thread and I don't know if you still log on, but I have been having your exact symptoms for the past year on and off, first March-April, then August-October, and now it started up again. I'm surprised you didn't mention appendicitis as a concern but with all your testing I'm sure that was ruled out.

In my case I've gotten checked out back in March and again in October - nothing more than an ultrasound (no CT) but did do bloods a few times, nothing really ever came up. I'm trying to hold off running to the doctor *again* as this current episode has only been about 3 days so far.

Regardless, I appreciate when people come back to their posts like you did and follow up with the results of their findings!