Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Maxine's cbt progress.

its the first time ive ever properly read this thread. Im almost crying! the progress made here isnt unbelievable, its... WOW!!! IT WORKS!! and i know why, its cos you have to put the effort in, simple i hear you say, yeah i guess lol only it took me like 4 years to just work that out!
    what a success story, a true inspiration.
    Becci x

Re: Maxine's cbt progress.

Hi Guys,

I realise this thread was started 2 years ago, and hasn't had a reply in a year, but I just HAD to post.

I hope maxine is still around and can see my post.

I just want to say a huge thankyou to Maxine for her journey.

I dont suffer from agoraphobia - I can go out, so I'm not as severe as you were Maxine, but reading this thread from start to finish, every time you posted I was more and more in tears.

You've made me realise that if someone who couldn't even leave their house, can get better.... then I definitely can.

I cried many tears of joy for you, and even said a quiet "YAY!" a few times.

Well done to you a million times over.. you're an inspiration.

I am still around occasionally.

Thank you very much for your kind words reminding me of this thread to be honest i'd completely forgotten about it!

I''ve just re-read it all from start to finish and my god that whole time of my life feels a million miles away.
    I've been having a rough couple of weeks , feeling anxious and panicing a few times it scared me as i know what happened the last time.
    I'm dealing with it, i'm not hiding in my house and i'm still working so i'll be fine i know i will.

Life is so different now I don't recognise the person i was then.

Thank you again for helping me put the last few weeks into perspective.

Well done Max, mate.
    \'Security is mostly superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.\'

IT WORKS!! and i know why, its cos you have to put the effort in.

So true Becci. So many people seem to forget that therapy only works if the sufferer is willling and prepared to follow what they're advised.

It can take a Long time for therapy to work on deep seated problems and often a sufferer will need help to tackle them whereas other problems are much more easy to treat and sometimes the sufferer is able to learn how to cope themselves.

hi, im going to read this whole post later when ive got time, it looks good to me, because ive had 15 weeks of cbt and it has worked wonders, but i still have a long way to go tackling my fear of panicking, but like you other guys say, the only way to get better is to be prepared to feel the WORST, not use any safety crutches and let the panic go down on its own this is what im currently working on, so later on today ill be back to read this whole post as it sounds like an amazing success story! well done maxine

Hi Maxine

Could you tell me how you get CBT please? I think it would help me alot with my anxiety but finding it hard to find anyone who does it unless I pay 100 pounds (privately) a time which I can't afford.

Good luck. I think it's great that you said you will do it , be excited about the results you will have.

Sarah x

I'm sure Maxine will correct me if I'm wrong but I think she received CBT via phone through the charity group No Panic (not to be confused with this place, although I'm sure you'll find the link here somewhere).

CBT's also available on the NHS but waiting lists can be long.
    \'Security is mostly superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.\'

Thanks peopel.

Yeah Mico thats correct i did do the CBT through No panic.

I id have to join to be able to do the telephone recovery it was only £10 and that gave me access to evrything i needed and a great support network.

You don't have to pay for the courses or anything that's all included in your membership fee, i think they only charge it to help with running costs

Anyway here's thelink if anyone is interested http://www.nopanic.org.uk/menu.htm

Good luck.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information