Morning Everyone!

Starting citalopram at the moment and just taken pill number 3 so I understand I am early on in the recovery, but the side effects have side swiped me a little. I thought setting this thread up might help me in the journey as I can at least look back and see when things were worse

Background for me is that this is my 5th break in my life and the past year has been a tough one and I have not been able to keep the break from happening, lots of work stress, a death in the family and a lot of health investigations. I have PCOS, Diabetes type 2 and Severe Anemia as well as having to see a physio for a weak ankle and I hate all of it. I was on citalopram once before about 7 years ago and remember that it really was wonderful once it started working and allowed me to do my CBT and develop other techniques that worked well for years.

So I am talking my tablets in the morning and they are not making me sleepy so far. Day 1 was ok, managed to still get out to the cinema with only my usual level of anxiety. Day 2 though WOW - anxiety through the roof, few panics, hot leaden feeling in the chest and feeling sick and struggled to eat (which I have to do for the diabetes). The night was awful, full on waves of panic and anxiety before bed and when i got in. My husband basically had to hold me until about 2am when I fell asleep and then I was awake at 5. He is wonderful and a real comfort and rock of support.

Taken todays anyway, but scared to death of being like that again and spiked the fear that the meds are harming me in some way and that there is no way out of this. My meditations don't seem to help and panic is climbing right now just 90 minutes after the tablet. I know I could easily be doing it to myself, but as you will know well it isn't easy to switch that off.

Anyway - a blog for myself, but if anyone has any kind or assuring experiences please feel free to share as I am struggling right now