Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starting Citalopram

Re: Starting Citalopram

Day 12 - Yesterday was a calmish day at work so anxiety stayed low which was lovely. Getting hotter and I struggle in heat, but luckily we have air con at work and a few years ago i bought a portable unit for home that just has a hose that poke outs a window. Will be needing that this week for sure

Today am actually trying out working from home as I have struggled in the past spending time at home on my own and it is a trigger for increased anxiety, but last night decided to try not to avoid it, but try it today with some meds on board and a bit of other coping mechanisms now a bit more embedded.

This weekend we have a campervan trip booked and I had to cancel the last one as the panic was too high, but I would really like to go on this one as once i am there I know it usually helps me. I imagine that the anxiety may build as it gets closer, but lets see what happens

Crossing fingers for you!

For what it's worth, I have a Skype meeting this morning and I'm terrified.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Crossing fingers for you!

For what it's worth, I have a Skype meeting this morning and I'm terrified.
    Hey! xx Am sure it went ok in the end? I hate those things just in general, but when anxious they feel nearly impossible. I actually prefer to be in the same room as people as I can get a better idea of how they are reacting and feeling as opposed to everyone looking like they are a bit awkward and stiff

Day 13 - lucky for some? Yesterday at home went ok actually. There were a coupe of times I felt the anxiety starting to lift, but also a couple of times that I felt a little bored so on balance ok. I actually did a little bit of advance sorting out for the holiday, getting a few essentials for cooking together and putting together some clothes to take. My thinking was to do a little bit a day rather than rush around in a panic the night before and it might slowly get me used to the idea a bit more in a more gentle way.

This afternoon I have the 2nd of my managing stress and anxiety groups sessions and the only thing that bothers me was that is was really hot in the room last week and this week I may boil in my own skin

Thanks for asking; I was a little more awkward than I wanted to be, but everything was covered that needed to be and that's the important thing.

My sympathies on the heat; I don't do well in high temperatures and my office has no aircon. Luckily once I make it to noon that'll be me done for the week.

You're doing brilliantly Dragonsblonde and if you can achieve this in a heatwave, you can do anything!
    And remember any little blip will pass and is probably due to the heat anyway.
    As for boiling in your skin, the body has an amazing adaptation to temperatures. And I rather like the number 13.

Morning All - haven't been on in a few days as I was prepping to go away and then happily managed to get away for a long weekend. Not anxiety free of course, but in general had a good weekend with a trip to the seaside and a walk around a lake with a visit to an old manor house. Some afternoon naps in the fresh air and am really pleased I got away and that I actually wanted to get away. A few times I had the rising panic and had trouble sleeping one night, but all in all I declare it a success.

It is now day 22 which surprised me when I realised that this morning! Had my first med review this morning with my Doctor and I am not really suffering with any side effects now at all. The anxiety is still there, but maybe a little less intense and I have fewer full panic flare ups. I managed to almost get round a supermarket on my own without panic, but the last 10 minutes it did start to build. Still finished the shop though. Have eaten out in public a few times in busy restaurants or cafes without too much issue.

I have also completed 3 weeks of the group CBT class and still meditate and have started some progressive muscle relaxation which does seem to be really beneficial so am not not relying in the meds, but very glad I started them again. The doctor is happy with the 20mg dose for now as am I and reassuringly doesn't want to rush me off of them, but rather wanted me to understand not to think about coming off of them soon. Just let them and the other things embed

Wanted to say really that small things every day remind me that you can still live with anxiety and there are things that can work you just need to find the things that work for you and I think for me taking some 'ownership' of me and my issues has helped and is something I need to keep working on.

Hope everyone else is ok and survived the heatwave - nice to see some rain back although typically its now just a bit muggy feeling here again

Day 25 Monday morning and I have been a little poorly over the weekend and prepping the flat for a visit from my in-laws in soon as well as getting closer to the time my husband goes away for a few nights so my anxiety has risen over the past couple of days. I am off work today with the illness which I don't think is related to the anxiety, but is possibly feeding it somewhat. I see people talking about blips on here and I think I am probably having one of those and reminding myself that I am still early days and trying not to be too sad or down on myself about it

I think you need to remember how incredibly well you have been coping and allow yourself a bit of slack. It's only been a few weeks and most meds take a good month to have any affect.
    I think what it's done for you so far has taken the edge off so you've been able to function and given you extra confidence.
    Most people need a rest from time to time and most people get a bit anxious when they have visitors or their other half is not around. Especially when he has been there for you during anxiety highs and fears.
    Make a list of things to do when he is away, not all work though. It will help to prevent the panicking. x

Thanks x I think I had fallen a little into the 'oh I'm feeling sooo much better', but ignored the fact it is still early yet'

Day 29 and opened by second box of tablets today. This week has been an odd one and have been feeling it so took yesterday off work and went and spent 3 hours in the hairdresser getting a cut and full highlights/lowlights and the a head neck and shoulder massage. Met my husband for a late lazy lunch in a country pub in the sunshine and last night just felt very chilled and relaxed. Decided that I really needed some spoiling myself time

Feel a little more prepared for visitors now, did some sorting out and tidying up with just a bit more needed this weekend which has helped me feel ready I think, but have also made plans to meet some friends for brunch on Sunday so trying to balance out things for others with things for me

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information