I am a longtime lurker here and decided to post for the first time for some advice and support. A few years ago (about 4) I had a huge bout of health anxiety that lead to me losing my job and almost my life. I was so sure I was dying of everything and spent thousands on medical testing. I was at the doctors each week and was convinced I had cancer. For me it is always cancer and always stage 4.

Long story shorter, I had the following tests done within the past 4 years:

Multiple blood test
Breast ultrasounds
Chest x-rays
Oral surgeon consult (scared of mouth cancer)
Pelvic ultrasound internal and external twice
Colonoscopy
MRI of the brain

All these tests were normal for the most part (I have fibrous breasts and endometriosis)

Here I am though 27 year old female medicated on SSRI and anti-anxiety meds in a rigorous nursing program trying to start my career and family and I have suddenly become obsessed again with bowel cancer. I have been diagnosed IBS diarrhea since my last bout of HA based on a clear and perfect colonoscopy. I have pain (dull) in my left lower abdomen only and I poke and prod looking for lumps. I have like squishy lumpy tissue in my abdominal wall and my GP assured me this was normal fatty tissue that most women have. She even told me she has lumpy tissue in her lower abdomen. This past week I have had soft bowel movements and several bouts of straight up diarrhea. I don't have blood, never have, and no unexplained weight loss. But with my anxiety my bowels are constantly moving and I go about 3 times each morning.

My questions are, if I had a clear colonoscopy 4years ago, am I safe to not request another one? I stupidly googled and found tons of tragic stories about people in their late 20s and 30s being diagnosed with agressive bowel cancer. It sent me over the edge and I have missed work for two weeks and feel paralyzed. My GP has done a rectal exam with an anoscope and a tummy exam. I am waiting on blood work which is making me FREAKED in case I am anemic.

Anyways help me please. Support or stories or just guidance would be great.