Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Raised Anxiety after starting Ven

Re: Raised Anxiety after starting Ven

So Macca, just being nosey here, really. How many different antideps have you been on, and for how many years? I have only been on Citalopram before, up to 20mg, went on and off it about three times over 11 years. So Venlafaxine is only my second one. I have to say, this experience is different...I remember when I first took cit, it was very sedating almost straight away.

Was on Cit for 4 years can't remember dose but just stopped and had horrific head zaps for months after. Then a few year with no meds then total meltdown and was put on Mirt upto 30mg for the last 3 years started Ven and reduced to 15mg along with 150mg Ven. Ontop of that been on Zopliclone for 3 years as well on and off as I use it a a mild sedative. Ven is the only one that I can actually feel working with only mad sometimes disturbing dreams as a side effect.
    In my younger years I used street drugs and alcohol as self medication but stopped all that in my late 20's I'm now 55yrs and not touched alcohol or street drugs since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca44 View Post
    Was on Cit for 4 years can't remember dose but just stopped and had horrific head zaps for months after. Then a few year with no meds then total meltdown and was put on Mirt upto 30mg for the last 3 years started Ven and reduced to 15mg along with 150mg Ven. Ontop of that been on Zopliclone for 3 years as well on and off as I use it a a mild sedative. Ven is the only one that I can actually feel working with only mad sometimes disturbing dreams as a side effect.
    In my younger years I used street drugs and alcohol as self medication but stopped all that in my late 20's I'm now 55yrs and not touched alcohol or street drugs since then.
    I definitely modified my nervous system with street drugs in my youth......mostly herb and the fifth letter of the alphabet I'm fifty now.
    I have officially stopped drinking alcohol since April. It really doesn't help me to stabilise, I suddenly realised that. I miss a glass of bubbly stuff, but I'd rather be sane, is how I look at it.

Yes I was told years ago that the speed I took in the rave days could affect my mood/anxiety in later years. Was fun at the time but all I have done is suppress any causes of anxiety to the point that I do not know the original cause of my problems. Therapy pulled some of it out but im sure stuff still needs dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca44 View Post
    My god those dreams are disturbing.
    I suspect the dreams are not much different to what we usually unconsciously dream and all the meds do is alter the dreaming state enough to bring them into conscious awareness.

This hit my inbox this morning and may be of interest: The science behind lucid dreaming

R thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    I suspect the dreams are not much different to what we usually unconsciously dream and all the meds do is alter the dreaming state enough to bring them into conscious awareness.

This hit my inbox this morning and may be of interest: The science behind lucid dreaming
    Ooh that looks interesting.......

So now have been talking rubbish in my sleep and leg jerks, wife said I kicked her, no it wasnt on purpose.
    Not bothered about this as im asleep but just reporting it as a side affect, on the whole my sleep is better and I no longer get up 3 or 4 times and sit downstairs wide awake.

Yey, anxiety very high yesterday and this morning not had this for a good few weeks. Gonna ride it out, will be interesting how long it lasts as normally it can go on for weeks.
    Bad HA and wretching when cats were fed as the smell makes me feel sick when anxiety is high.
    On a snake this morning lets hope its a short one.

Still on a snake but ladders come in the afternoon into evening. Not going jump up on meds just yet so I see my gp in 2 weeks and will have a chat about it then.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread Information