Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Raised Anxiety after starting Ven

Re: Raised Anxiety after starting Ven

Now I can't spell this right but my DR told me it was call Mycolic Jerk.

Myoclonic jerk! Yep, that's exactly what I think it is. Thank you I mentioned it to my GP and he agreed it's probably the med combination and not to worry about it. I'll see what the psych says. I hope you're doing ok today?

Yes its harmless and can come and go. I'm doing ok and the effects of the increase are starting to kick in so feel a little odd at the moment kind of in my own world feeling, but able to function at work ok. Its like I feel calm and everyone else is in a panic while out in the van delivering my meds to care homes its a odd feeling I am just not getting all wound up when before I would be rushing around in a panic for no real reason.

That sounds quite positive. I understand the feeling of being in your own world, but that's great if you're feeling nice and calm with it too. So pleased it's working well for you

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    That sounds quite positive. I understand the feeling of being in your own world, but that's great if you're feeling nice and calm with it too. So pleased it's working well for you
    Thanks, GP has been on hols so its been a few weeks but see her Tuesday. I was going to ask to be referred to a psychiatrist did either of you have any problems getting a referral and what was the waiting time.

My doctor tried referring me to the NHS community mental health team but it took them six weeks to get back to me just to say they wouldn’t even see me, I’m not ill enough from what info the GP gave them. I find it shocking that the NHS is so lacking in mental health care.

I ended up going private as luckily it was covered on my partners insurance and I got my first appointment within a week. If I was to pay myself she would charge £170 a session.

What annoys me even more, a couple of months back I ended up going to A&E because I was in such a bad way having some really scary thoughts and they handed me over to the acute mental health team just before I started on the venlafaxine. They sent a psychiatric nurse to see me once a week for the first few weeks and called me nearly every day to check up on me and give me support and advice. I still have their number and can call them whenever I’m desperate. They were shocked that the CMHT wouldn’t see me and have told me to ask to be referred again once my sessions with the private psychiatrist run out (I suppose now that I’ve been to A&E it’s now on my records that I have been in crisis and should be classed as “ill enough”)

I went private for psychiatrist too. It's really expensive but I have some very limited insurance which has covered it so far. I've found it nearly impossible to get help with mental health on the NHS, but each area is different so you may be more lucky. It's definitely worth asking about

Thanks, yes I will ask but won't hold my breath but worth a try.

How’s things with you Maca?

GP visit today so plan is stay at 150mg Ven as she says it would not of had max effect yet, been on it 4 weeks. Staying on Mirt 15mg for sleep and shes not bothered about having Zopliclone so gave me 3mths supplies of each and will see me in 5wks. Then we will talk about increase of Ven if needed but its working so well for me I doubt I will need to go up. Been good and feeling much better for longer periods. Feel very calm at work and am able to enjoy it again.

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information