Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Raised Anxiety after starting Ven

Re: Raised Anxiety after starting Ven

Quote Originally Posted by Maca44 View Post
    Yes I have had the racing heart but its calming down abit now. I wear one of those watches that measures HR and sleep, both have been affected since starting Ven but I can live with that the pro's far outweigh the con's.
    Well that's good to know Macca, gives me some hope that I will feel the benefits. Really need to hear people's successes on Ven.

Hey Maca. I'm ok thanks. I'm up to 100mg quetiapine now and sticking with that for a bit, with 225 ven and 7.5 mirt. Had a busy weekend and have been super tired but ok. I'm sorry to hear about the nightmares though. The dreams are pretty full on.

Sunnyside - yes I had racing heart when I started ven, and also when I increased it. I only got it after eating, strangely. I increased propranolol which helped. After recent ven increase, it just sorted itself out. Like you, I swapped from citalopram to ven. I'm currently on a bit of a cocktail as you can see! Also tried fluoxetine a long time ago but it didn't suit me. Good luck with it and ask anything you want to.

[QUOTE=Dying_Swan;1893870

Sunnyside - yes I had racing heart when I started ven, and also when I increased it. I only got it after eating, strangely. I increased propranolol which helped. After recent ven increase, it just sorted itself out. Like you, I swapped from citalopram to ven. I'm currently on a bit of a cocktail as you can see! Also tried fluoxetine a long time ago but it didn't suit me. Good luck with it and ask anything you want to.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, yep, got some propranolol here. Really appreciate that, it's good to be able to ask people what they have experienced as it can all feel like a bit of a minefield. First time I've switched from anything else so it's hard to know what's me and what are side effects at times.....

I think the Ven just creeps up on you then suddenly you start to get good days that turn into a week and you will find that any anxiety attacks have much less importance so you just move on, its so nice. Im really enjoying work at the moment, I deliver meds to care homes 4 hours a day so am on the road alot in rush hour traffic. Before Ven this would be torture my driving would be rushed I would take chances on the road and be very anxious. This has totally changed and my driving is calm no road rage its really enjoyable and my interaction with the staff when delivering is positive. Not so long ago I was ready to put an end to it as the mood and anxiety was just too much so started making plans to end it. It upsets me to read in my journal just how bad it got but at the moment its as if im a different person.

Yeah, it's a sneaky little bugger. I can relate, Macca, about two weeks ago I was thinking I can't take any more of this. It's bloody awful.

So still plodding along but not without some negatives. Anxiety is at its worse am and begins to fade during the day and is gone while at work. Evenings is still the best time for me when I feel relaxed. It says take Ven with food but I can't eat am so not sure how this affects the meds, does anyone know ?.

I think this is the only med I have ever taken that I can feel it working, is this one of the stronger ones ?.

Anyway hope you all can let me know how things are I hope your feeling some benefits.

It says take Ven with food but I can't eat am so not sure how this affects the meds,
    Taking it with food slows its rate of absorption a little, but this isn't really significant. The recommendation is about lessening potential gastro intestinal side-effects, though I'm not convinced it makes much difference to this either.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Taking it with food slows its rate of absorption a little, but this isn't really significant. The recommendation is about lessening potential gastro intestinal side-effects, though I'm not convinced it makes much difference to this either.
    Thanks I just cant face food first thing and have no tummy trouble so all good.

Its been a good two weeks now and have really been enjoying work because all the stress of it has gone so I can just relax and interact with people normally, I'm not all stressed out. For some reason today my anxiety is high and HA is bad so hope that goes as the day passes. Sleep had got better but not so last night and I wonder if food is a factor because I had Mcdonalds last night and ladt time I did I had a bad night, just a thought the two might be connected.

I wonder if food is a factor because I had Mcdonalds last night and ladt time I did I had a bad night, just a thought the two might be connected.
    There is growing evidence our gut, its flora and what we feed it can a significant affect on mental health. It could be argued that we are really just our gut's life support system.

Whether McDonalds qualifies as food is another matter. Their coffee is pretty good, however.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information