Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Raised Anxiety after starting Ven

Re: Raised Anxiety after starting Ven

Hi Macca, seeking your knowledge here. I had some really good days from last Monday to Friday. Was really chirpy, on the whole. Then yesterday afternoon and today, been feeling really shit, anxious and weepy. Now 4 and a half days in. Still got energy, did park run yesterday, ut had horrible nightmares last night! Had some family stress, so I think that could be the reason for the wobble.
    Also, do yo stick to the same brand of meds, and do you think it makes much of a difference?

Macca, is it normal 4 and a half weeks in to be getting anxiety spikes here and there? Been feeling awful today and yesterday after several good days. Also had a horrible nightmare last night.

Yes totally normal I had a bad day yesterday but have had a couple of good weeks. I think from time to time we will always get bad days no med is going to change that. I guess the key thing is I was able to get over it fairly quickly so today is ok. Im afraid I have had some horrendous nightmares but not for the last few days so I guess I will just need to put up with them. As far as the brand goes, well I don't even look who makes them so can't really comment all I can say is they are working especially at 150mg. Don't be too disappointed if your having a few crap days the meds can't make us happy everyday if they could I would be first in line to take them.

So been up & down since Friday and not really recovered back to feeling pretty good. Morning anxiety has been high but as normal I settle at work and by evening I feel ok. Wonder if the morning is where the Ven gets low but I take 150mg as soon as I get up.

I always find that morning anxiety is the last thing to go on any antidepressant. Some days it's not there, but usually it is, and like you, it gets easier throughout the day. It sorts itself out in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    I always find that morning anxiety is the last thing to go on any antidepressant. Some days it's not there, but usually it is, and like you, it gets easier throughout the day. It sorts itself out in time.
    Yes I'm sure it will settle but isn't it horrible when you often feel good in the evening then it hits you when you wake up, so disappointing and cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca44 View Post
    Yes I'm sure it will settle but isn't it horrible when you often feel good in the evening then it hits you when you wake up, so disappointing and cruel.
    It's awful and very, very cruel. Hope you're doing better today.

Yes picked up over the last couple of days. Its only when I ask people close to me how they think im doing I realize that things have improved greatly, you dont see it when the anxiety takes over do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca44 View Post
    Yes picked up over the last couple of days. Its only when I ask people close to me how they think im doing I realize that things have improved greatly, you dont see it when the anxiety takes over do you.
    Nope! Exactly right....anxiety tells you that you've made no progress at all. It's a liar! Glad you're on the up again. I'm was a bit tired/down this morning, but have noticed when the lows come, they're manageable now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Nope! Exactly right....anxiety tells you that you've made no progress at all. It's a liar! Glad you're on the up again. I'm was a bit tired/down this morning, but have noticed when the lows come, they're manageable now.
    That's when I first noticed the meds were working for me, I was able to shrug off negative thoughts more easily and they were not so important in my mind so just got on with the day as before they would manifest into total panic and could ruin the whole day or days. Im still really enjoying my p/t work now, im so calm and a few months ago I was sitting in a lay bye in the van crying my eyes out because my gp phoned me offering help.

Enjoy the sun while we can and I hope we all have a good weekend.

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information