Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Raised Anxiety after starting Ven

Re: Raised Anxiety after starting Ven

Hi all,

Very quiet here so how are you all doing. I hope your like me and post less when I feel things are better.

Still plodding along with the odd blip . I’m in the middle of one now actually. Psychiatrist wanted me to increase my quetiapine to 100mg a couple of weeks ago but was feeling well on 75mg so stuck with it....then I applied for a job and had an interview on thursday this week via skype in front of three people in the US. I was a bit of mess with nerves for a few days leading up to it and I don’t think it went too well and have been hard on myself ever since. Perhaps it was too soon, the psychologist I saw at CMHT said she didn’t think I should look for work until at least the New Year. I decided to increase to 100mg in the end so will see how it goes

Well you did it that's something and a good test of nerves. Maybe the stress of going for jobs at this time might not help with your recovery for now. Try to pull the positives out of it rather than be hard on yourself, going for a interview in any mental state is bloody stressful so well done. Nice to hear from you.

Hey

nice one Jo. That must've been stressful. Good luck with the 100mg. Maca, how are things? I'm plodding along, up and down as ever, but seeing psych tomorrow so will see what they want me to do. I took myself off mirtazapine last week because it stopped helping with sleep, but was helping a lot with eating cake...

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    Hey

nice one Jo. That must've been stressful. Good luck with the 100mg. Maca, how are things? I'm plodding along, up and down as ever, but seeing psych tomorrow so will see what they want me to do. I took myself off mirtazapine last week because it stopped helping with sleep, but was helping a lot with eating cake...
    O the joys of Mirt and weight gain. I stopped taking it last week after a long reduction so will not be taking it again. Like you up and down but able to enjoy work again and have more motivation to do things. I feel this is
    The best its going to get so guess i can't complain but mornings are still hard.

Ah well done for getting off mirtazapine. That must've been hard after taking it for a long time, and it sounds as though you're doing just fine without it. Fingers crossed that in time, the mornings will get easier.

Hello all, yes, it went quiet for a bit, you all sound like you're steadily making progress. I am too, but also with ups and downs, but definitely seem to now have more days of stability than not. Well done on getting off the Mirt, Macca. I think you'll also eventually see a reduction in the morning anxiety eventually. These things can still take some time to even out.
    I'm doing okay, having a mini blip these last two days but nothing too severe. Guess we can't have it good all the time, even on meds, eh?

Nothing is ever going to be perfect on the meds is it, but I am grateful for the changes so far.

Well I got the job! 😀 just proves I didn’t give myself enough credit! They were very impressed how I came across apparently.

I don’t start until 17th December and it will just be training to start with until mid January. It’s a work from home job with flexible hours, minimum 10 a week up to 37.5. I can choose what hours I work on a weekly basis so I can fit it around childcare/personal life/blips 😆

Hey congratulations, just goes to show that your perception of how the interview went was not so.

Well done

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread Information