Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Raised Anxiety after starting Ven

Re: Raised Anxiety after starting Ven

That's good that you've managed to get some bits done. Do you take the zopiclone every night or just as and when? I'm not sure if it's the same as benzos where you get tolerant to it and need more for the same effect? I'm really hoping that's not the case for mirtazapine but I presume not. I can see why taking the zopiclone during panic isn't necessarily ideal, especially if you're at work or driving etc, so well done for being open with your GP so that you can figure things out together. Good luck for your appointment tomorrow, and I hope today is a good day

Yes the Zop does need more of a dose the more you take it thats why they only prescribe short term so im well and truly hooked. I take one every night but take half in day if panic is severe. Mirt is not the same you wont need more its always been consistent for me.

Dreading work today as I was up at 5am in a panic so not looking forward to work.

Just got back from GP's and she has been great. Going down on Mirt to 15mg then the plan is to go up with Ven to 150mg in 2 weeks with a view of coming off the Mirt. We are going to tackle the Zopliclone once I'm stable. Its was nice to be listened to as i am not keen on GP's due to bad experiences in the past.
    Hope thing are on the up.

Great to hear that you've found a GP you feel you can work with, and that you have a plan in place. I hope your day at work yesterday wasn't too bad and you're starting to feel better on the Ven

Yes although I'm still getting panic attacks, I do feel they are shorter and my mind is dwelling on them less so I hope that is the Ven beginning to work.

Still pushing on with new meds so now the Mirt is down to 15mg at night and Ven still at 75mg. Sleep is poor I keep having to get up and go downstairs as I wake feeling disturbed/anxious, not sure what that's about. I get so tired fighting anxiety all the time I guess you all know what that's like, just waiting for relief.
    DR wanted me upto 150mg on wednesday but I said I wanted to take it slow but perhaps I should have taken her advise. Wife is on holiday with my daughter and my sons away all weekend so I'm panicking being on my own, I used to love time to myself but now, when alone, my mind just turns on itself and I feel crap. Hope things will change soon.

Hey Maca. Maybe the lower dose of mirtazapine will help with sleep? When I increased from 75 to 150 Ven, I did it slower than the doc wanted and did a week at 112.5mg. You could ask about that maybe?
    Is there something you could do whilst your wife is away to take your mind off things? Maybe listen to some relaxation exercises? Puzzle book? Something mindless but which switches your focus.

Yes I'm going to hammer mindfulness AP this weekend. Isn't it funny, years back I couldn't wait for the weekend to come and couldn't wait fb or work to end, now its the other way round.

If you couldn't find the humor in it you would go mad.

Mindfulness sounds like a great plan. Yes, humour is super important. I have a close friend who has anxiety problems and we often laugh out loud about things we've worried about. Do you have someone you can talk to about how you're feeling? Wishing you a happy and hopefully relaxing weekend.

Yes I have an emergency mate, she also suffers but has done well on meds. Feel drained today and sick of intense health anxiety, its been with me since a very young age but I can cope with a few days of it but not this just wish they would prescribe a benzo to shut my head up and give me a break.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information