Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird ‘mole’?

Weird ‘mole’?

Hello all. This is my first time posting here I hope to use it often and find comfort 😊

A few weeks back, I noticed a mole by my bra strap (I’ve never really looked before) because I scratched it and nocked a bit of skin/scab off. Then it bleed like the corner of it was bleeding almost like the corner was coming away, it is small (about 4mm) light brown and round/oval.
    It’s took a while to heal, it’s almost healed now but still has dry/flakey thick skin a little at the top of it, and the top corner that ‘came away’ is light pink now like scar tissue.
    It doesn’t itch atall nor has got bigger.
    I have been to my doctors several times and they told me they are 100% it’s benign and they believe it to be a seborrheic keratosis?

My partner believes it to have always felt like it could be scrapped off said he was always worried about nocking it. It does sometimes sit under one of my bras I use to wear a lot.

I do also have health anxiety...

It’s literally driving me mad worrying has anyone else had something similar? Google does me NO favours!!!
    Lol Thankyou to any help!!

Re: Weird ‘mole’?

You are going to have to trust your doctor with this one as they know what they are looking for.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thankyou for your reply, I know it’s just hard, especially when you type it into google! Was hoping somebody had possibly experienced something similar

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyalouise1989 View Post
    Thankyou for your reply, I know it’s just hard, especially when you type it into google! Was hoping somebody had possibly experienced something similar
    No need to tell about Dr. Google If you scroll to the bottom of the page or do a search there are literally thousands of similar posts.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Trust your doctor, but you know what? You can get it removed and then you don't have to worry about it ever again. I had a large mole on my head removed last week that I didnt even know was there until my hairdresser told me. I went to the dermatologist, he looked at it and immediately knew it was SK. Said it was nothing to worry about and I requested it be removed. Got my biopsy report and it was negative. I had him check every mole on my entire body and that was that and I feel better and don't have to worry now

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thankyou both for the reply.

In the uk you have to be referred to a dermatologist to have it removed, as it’s on the nhs my doctor doesn’t want to refer me as there already very over worked. I mean it doesn’t look like any melanoma pictures I’ve seen... and hasn’t grown atall in a month.

But like I say it’s google you type anything to do with a mole in google and you’ve got melanoma.

It’s made me bad a few weeks back I didn’t eat for 5 days I was so anxious it triggered panic attack’s constantly it was awful, I am on anti depressants for depression and anxiety it’s been life long. I had my son 8 weeks ago too don’t know if that caused any skin changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pinkyd View Post
    Trust your doctor, but you know what? You can get it removed and then you don't have to worry about it ever again. I had a large mole on my head removed last week that I didnt even know was there until my hairdresser told me. I went to the dermatologist, he looked at it and immediately knew it was SK. Said it was nothing to worry about and I requested it be removed. Got my biopsy report and it was negative. I had him check every mole on my entire body and that was that and I feel better and don't have to worry now

If you don’t mind me asking, how old are you? I mean I suppose it does look a little like a sk..

I also went to a dermatologist. I'm 49. Doc said SK is hereditary. Sure enough I heard my grandmother had one too. I understand the anxiety completely. I was terrified all for nothing, but health anxiety is why we get that way and turn to Google, which is the worst means of determining anything. I still Google everything and haven't learned my lesson. Google will always put the first three pages of any symptoms as cancer. It was a rough week for me because I let my imagination run wild and I really need to learn.

It’s really stressing me out and I can’t get into my doctors. I’ll try upload a picture of it now

I know your not all medical professionals but does anyone have a similar experience???

<pictures removed>

Last edited by nomorepanic; 17-07-19 at 13:28.

The top left was when I first noticed it/caught it and nocked a scab off. The bottom right is it now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information